26 | You're Everything

"I'm done,"

"You're not getting away this time. Finish it fully!" Johann argued. "If not, then straight to the doctor,"

"He's right, sis." Ryan said.

It's been over a week and I was still not eating properly. To top it all, I felt nauseous very often and Johann kept pointing out that it was normal if one doesn't eat and I can't agree less with him on that. Ryan kept blaming himself for the sudden loss of my appetite and so, came in every morning to see if I was getting any better. Thank that our parents and friends didn't know.

"All right, I'll eat."

I took a very small bite - which is very unlikely of me - of my grilled chicken and immediately felt the need to throw it up.

I know I cannot hold it in till I get to the toilet, so I made a run for the kitchen sink instead. Both my husband and my brother ran after me.

Johann held me while I threw up all that I'd just swallowed. This was embarrassing, ugh!

"There's seriously something wrong with you. I won't listen to a word you have to say, we're seeing the doctor. Go get changed." Johann ordered.

"But you've work," I complained.

"I don't care. I'm the boss, so might as well make use of my post."

"I don't understand why you don't wanna see one though, it's not like you have Iatrophobia," Ryan said.

"You know how I treat myself,"

"Yeah, yeah. Now that none of your home remedies had worked, doctor is a must." Johann stated and gave me a look saying 'no more arguments'. I sighed and got to our room.

I changed and took my backpack. Most women carry purse, but I prefer backpacks, it was just the size of a diary. I checked it for its usual contents, a small mirror, some band-aids, airpods, some money, my cards and a couple sanitary pa___. I dropped the bag from my hands as the possible realisation hit me.

No way! How can I fail to notice something like this!? My right hand shot up to check the pulse on the other. I could feel the rapid thumping there. I placed both the hands over my abdomen.

"What's taking you so l___" Johann walked in. "Are you all right? Feeling sick?" He looked at my hands over my belly.

"I think I know what's wr..." No, this isn't wrong, it can never be. "...what's going on with me." I said instead.

"What?"

"I'm not sick,"

"Oh, c'mon! I've been hearing this for the past 5 days and I no longer intend to. We're seeing a gastroenterologist and that's final! Come down quickly." He turned around to leave.

"Who we need is a gynaecologist," He froze in his tracks. "And possibly an obstetrician too." I added when he faced me.

"What...?" He sounded baffled.

"Nausea, vomiting, raised pulse rate and the sudden loss of appetite. All these symptoms...plus, I just noticed, I missed my period last month." His eyebrows rose.

"How many days has it been?"

"Since when I was supposed to get my period?" He nodded. "22 days,"

"That's..." He gasped as he put the dates together. "That's when..."

"Yes, I was supposed to get it some 10, 11 days later from when we...you know," I let him assume.

He came closer, got on his knees, lifted my T-shirt, revealing my belly and pressed his forehead before kissing there. When he lifted his head and looked at me, his eyes showed that happiness which I haven't seen before, it made me worry.