Elevator Game

The Elevator Game is a creepy paranormal game from Japan. They say that if you perform this ritual in an elevator, you will be able to go to another world. However, you must be careful, because there is no guarantee you will be able to get back.

To play this game, you will need to find a building with an elevator and at least 10 floors.

Step 1: Take the elevator on the 1st floor. (The elevator must be empty and you must get in alone)

Step 2: Go to the following floors in this order – 4th Floor, 2nd Floor, 6th floor, 2nd floor, 10th floor. (If someone gets on while you are doing this, the ritual will not work).

Step 3: When you arrive on the 10th floor, press the button for the 5th floor without getting out of the elevator.

Step 4: When you reach the 5th floor, the doors will open and a young woman will get into the elevator with you. (Do not talk to that person).

Step 5: As soon as she gets on board, press the button for the 1st floor.

Step 6: Instead of going down to the 1st floor, the elevator will go all the way up to the 10th floor. (On the way up, you have one last chance to abort the game. If you press the button for a different floor, the ritual will not work. However, once the elevator goes past the 9th floor, there is no going back.)

There is only one way to be certain if the ritual has been successful or not. If you have arrived at another world, you will be the only person in it.

What happens from there on is unknown. But one thing is certain, the person who came aboard on the fifth floor is not a human being.

To get back to your own world, you have to perform the ritual in reverse. However, there is no guarantee it will work.

Some Japanese people claim to have completed the ritual successfully. This is what they say the other world looks like:

It looks the same as the buildling that you are from, but all the lights are off and you can only see a red sky in the distance. There are no other living things there except yourself. Some say electronics (cellphone, camera, etc.) don't work there, while some say they do.

Also, some people say that getting back to the real world is harder for some reason. You apparently get disorientated and forget which elevator you came on, or somehow the elevator seems to get further and further away as you walk towards it.