Chapter 9

Y/N's POV:

"Okay, so can you tell me anything about where I have to live now?" I asked my social worker.

"Well it's a group home, run by a couple, their names are James and Charlotte, they have I think five other children living there" she explained to me.

"Jeez, not going to get any peace and quiet there am I" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, it's the best we could do" the social worker shrugged.

"No the best you could do was leave me with Colin and Scarlett!" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry honey, but they got rejected, there's nothing I could do." she told me.

I groaned and sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

"Millie, this is James and Charlotte, James and Charlotte this is Millie" the social worker introduced us.

I smiled at them as the social worker handed my bags to them.

"I'll see you soon Millie" the social worker said as James and Charlotte shut the door.

"Do you want to see your room?" Charlotte asked me.

"Uhh sure" I said, looking around the house. It definitely was a step down from Scarlett's house, everything was so dirty.

I followed Charlotte upstairs where she took me into a room with two sets of bunk beds.

"You're in that bed there, above you is Lana, on this bed is Max and Javier" Charlotte pointed to all their respective beds.

'Cosy' I thought to myself.

"Finally! Another girl!" Lana yelled as she jumped down from the bunk bed.

"Okay, get settled, dinner's at 6pm, if you miss it you go hungry" Charlotte told me.

"Oof she's harsh" I waited until she was gone to say.

"Yeah, it's not great here but the other kids are nice, as she said there's Max and Javier in here as well and then in the other room, it's Zachary and Georgia, they're both 7" Lana told me.

"How are they allowed to foster?" I exclaimed.

"Because they don't mind taking this amount of kids on, anyway how old are you?" Lana asked me.

"I'm 13, how old are you?" I responded, sitting down on my bed.

"I'm 15, Max is 14 and Javier is 15" Lana told me, sitting down next to me.

"Nice, where are the others anyway?" I asked.

"The boys are probably out smoking and the little ones will be in their room, you'll see them at dinner" Lana explained.

"Oh okay" I said before getting up to sort my bags out.

"Lana, you should have seen Javier-" Max laughed as the boys bundled into our room, "Oh hey, what's your name?"

"I'm Millie, what's your name?" I asked, looking into his deep brown eyes.

"I'm Max" he stuttered, not taking his eyes off me.

Javier snapped him back as he said, "hey Millie I'm Javier"

"Hey" I smiled at them.

We chatted for a bit about our favourite TV shows before it turned 6pm.

"DINNER!" We heard James yell up.

Everyone then made their way downstairs to sit at the table.

I sat down next to Lana and Max quickly sat the other side of me.