Chapter Five: Plead The Fifth

I don't know why but, something pulled me to go to Deaton's without Derek

I don't know why but, something pulled me to go to Deaton's without Derek. I notice there were a number of vehicles. I bite my lip nervously and I move to the window and cover my mouth in horror. There was a man lying on the table with several long and deep ugly claw marks decorating his chest. I quickly get up and leave before running off to the ice rink to go talk to Derek. I run in just as Scott was shouting at Erica and Isaac before sliding them over to Derek. "It's true. It is about power." Derek says. I watch as she stalks over to Scott. I felt Scott's anger and anxiety run through me. "Derek don't, wait," I say but he and Scott already started fighting. I make it down to Erica and Isaac I look up to see the boys fighting and my eyes shift and suddenly I am enveloped. In pain, I let out a small shriek and crumble in on myself. "Nyx!" I hear Boyd shout. He jumps off the Zamboni and runs over to me. Scars and bruises from their fight start to appear on my skin and I cough up blood. I whimper and Derek walks over to me his eyes go wide seeing the state I was in. "Can I pick you up?" He asks me quietly and I nod my head. He picks me up bridal style and carries me away the rest of the wolves in tow.

I woke up with a scream as it felt like my body was paralyzed. I gasped for air as I couldn't move but, my body was writhing in pain. After about fifteen minutes I was finally able to move. I jump up from my bed and I quickly call Stiles, "Hey Stiles." I say softly as he picks up. "Hey what's wrong Nyx? Sorry, we aren't there something came up." Stiles tells me and I shake my head as I grab my jacket. "Stiles were you paralyzed?" I ask him my heart pounding in my chest. He goes quiet and I could just picture him looking at Scott. "How did you know?" He asks me and I shake my head gently. "Lucky guess. Just be safe, okay I need to go on a run." I tell him before hanging up the phone. I walk over to my bathroom mirror and look into my eyes. They flicker between purple and red. It was honestly kind of scary, "What the hell am I?" I mumble.

	I sat on top of the sub car watching Isaac jumping several times trying to attack Derek successfully

I sat on top of the sub car watching Isaac jumping several times trying to attack Derek successfully. I hiss in pain as Isaac is once again tossed to the side. Erica jumps down from her position beside me, but she too is thrown to the side. "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" Derek asks them. Erica jumps on him and starts to kiss him. I don't know why but, it caused my heart to clench in pain. Derek wipes his mouth, "That's the last time you do that." He orders her before turning around his eyes landing on me before I look away. "Why? Because I'm a Beta?" Erica asks and Derek shakes his head as she pants. Boyd walks up behind them to help them up. "No... Because I have someone else in mind for you." Derek tells them. Isaac looks up from his place on the ground. "Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal." He says and Derek walks closer to him. "Come here..." Derek says taking his arm. I open my mouth to say something when Derek breaks his arm. I feel my eyes shift as I suddenly feel the pain in my arm as well. I nearly fall off the roof. "Fuck you, Derek," I mumble as he holds Isaac's arm. "A hundred and one. Do you think I'm teaching you to fight? Huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!" He barks at Isaac before letting his arm go and standing up. Isaac holds his arm close to his body. "If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" He questions causing everyone to look at Derek. "I don't know. But, they're planning something. And you especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what that is, you all need to learn everything that I know... As fast as I can teach you." Derek says he goes to enter the subway car and I jump down and take off my jacket. "Alright Derek, teach me then," I tell him my eyes flashing their normal purple hue.

Word Count: 827