Chapter 2

After Mr. Finch left, I'd sat in the office for another hour, as the implications of that Will finally sunk in. I had control of Wolfe Incorporated. All of it. Yes, Killian would have a vote, but I would always have the majority. There was no way he could stop me. It was all legal do why did I feel so guilty?

I could finish my master and then step in as CEO. The mere idea of it was enough to send me into a wild panic. Then I remembered my training under Randall and knew that I could handle it. If I really thought about it, I could believe that he'd been preparing me for this moment all this time. Maybe he figured Killian would never come back. That he wouldn't want the company.

Why would he? Killian may have never come back to visit his father, but Randall knew everything his only son was up to. After graduating sum cum laude from business school, Killian had built his own empire. First with his office in London before another in Madrid, Berlin and even one in Dubai, Randall had boasted. He was so proud of Killian. That he'd achieved so much on his own. It hurt him that Killian didn't feel the same about him. I think that was why he spent so much time with me. Time he would have devoted to his only son.

Killian didn't need this company so I shouldn't feel bad for getting it instead of him. Feeling better, I headed out to the kitchen to grab a sandwich before, hopefully getting some sleep. Something that had been rare for me over the last month.

The kitchen was dark, but I'd spent so much time in there I knew the layout by heart. I opened the fridge and pulled out the makings for a turkey sandwich.

"You're out of cheese."

I nearly screamed at the sound of that deep baritone.

I whirled around to face the breakfast nook in the corner.

Killian was eating a sandwich himself, an empty glass and Randall's favorite bottle of scotch next to his plate was already half empty. He had lost the jacket and the sleeves of his white shirt were rolled to his elbows, exposing muscular forearms and an expensive gold watch. He looked comfortable- too comfortable.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" I shouted, hands on my hips as I faced him barely a foot away.

Killian deliberately took a bite of his sandwich and I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for him to finish chewing so he could answer me.

"I live here."

I gasped.

He made a move to take another bite but I reached out and grabbed the plate and took a step back and away from him. I ignored how amazing he smelled and focused on my anger instead.

"You do NOT live here! This is my house!"

He stood up then and I was once again amazed by how tall he was. Maybe six and a half feet that dwarfed my five foot four frame and making me look up at him. He smelled of expensive cologne, one of my weaknesses when it came to men, but I couldn't afford to let it be a weakness where he was concerned. But god he was gorgeous. If I wasn't so angry with him, I knew I'd definitely be attracted to him. He had a wide chest and narrow waist, and his biceps bulged as he slid his hands into his pockets to what? Stop from wringing my neck? He could damn well try.

"Technically this house is half mine." He taunted, shaking me out of my reverie.

I scowled. He was right, kind of.

"So what? You want to live here now?"

He shrugged.

I did a double take.

"You're not serious!" I all but shouted, "don't you have a house?"

"I have many houses." He responded, taking the plate from my hands. I was so shocked, I let him.