(𝐈) 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 - 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐃𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

'FIND HER.' Caius had growled towards the vampires surrounding him inside of the old ballroom. Which was now being used as the makeshift throne room.

Ever since Aro had calmed down, he had explained the second vision he had seen through Alice Cullen's memories.

He had seen her, he had seen her be taken by somebody. He had seen her beaten and bruised body, he heard her screams.

King Aro of the Volturi had broken down, he had hidden himself inside of his quarters until further notice. His condition was similar to Marcus's, yet somehow Marcus seemed worse off. Although he had failed to hear her screams or see her bruises, his condition before they left Volterra was critical. Prior to leaving his soul had been sucked into the vortex even more, leaving the shell to become emptier by the day.

Caius was the only one left in a condition that wasn't worsened by ordering people around. In fact he did break down, he had trashed the manor further, his depression residing inside of the vexed actions had become yet more rage. Caius began to balance all three of the King's duties, from the trials that had been brought over, to the mountains of paperwork piling up by the hour inside of his office.

Surprisingly, the paperwork helped take his mind off of the outside world. The repetitive routine kept him distracted as he read the terms and the general parts of the paper, before either throwing it in the fire or signing it neatly with his signature.

'Corin.' Caius barked from his office as he signed off yet another piece of paper, suddenly the tall blond woman was beside his chair. Her hair straightened, her eyelashes lifted and her lips coated in the red lipstick she had bought from one of the airport shops.

'Master.' She nodded curtly, curtseying graciously before her king

'I would like you to help Heidi gather more humans from Seattle. Convince them that this time it is a withdrawal for money. That shall tempt them to travel. All humans seem to care about is money now-a-days.' Caius huffed as he received yet another pile of paperwork from the secretary who barged in, her strawberry blond curls bouncing as she walked into the room, her cheekbones high and prominent, freckles sprawled across her face.

'Felix, Demetri?' Caius rolled his eyes as he glared at the human

'Yes master.' Two voices spoke in unison as two male vampires appeared behind Corin, leaving her to step to the side slightly

'Corin you are dismissed.' Caius spoke

'Of course master.' She replied curtseying again, walking herself out

'Felix, Demetri, who's turn is it to have the secretary as a lunch-time snack?' Caius asked the two remaining vampires

Both looked at each other, as if battling the other through a staring contest.

'Just pick somebody.' Caius snapped, turning back around to his work

Jane suddenly popped her head through the crack in the door 'I'll take the secretary.' She smiled sweetly, hiding the mischievous beneath it.

Caius nodded, leaving the two silently bickering vampires to snap their head to him, their mouths hanging open slightly in shock.

'But-' Demetri protested

'First come, first served.' Caius shrugged and picked up another piece of paper and scribbling his signature onto the line at the bottom, filing it in the filing cabinet labelled 'NEW COVENS: APPROVED'

Felix dragged Demetri out of the room, leaving the king alone in his office. He placed yet another letter upon his desk and read it quickly, absorbing the important information. His eyes widened as he kept reading the letter from two vampires whom lived as nomads in Australia.

He fumbled through the envelope that contained the letter moments ago, pulling out a small newspaper clipping. A photograph and a column of writing.

'Two men found carrying a woman's body up the Dark Nights Apartment Complex staircase, in Sydney, Australia; the woman seems to be covered in bruises and pale, dead looking, as the two males cover their faces with masks and hood. Girl in question has not been identified, face seen in photograph as her body lies seemingly unresponsive in one male's arms. No face matches have been made.'

Caius's eyes flashed to the photograph, his non-beating heart seemed to stop as if it were. The woman was her. His mate. Her beautiful face matched the one he painted, even if it were littered by marks made by another's hand. (The person in question would soon no longer have hands, or a head for that matter) He could still make out her features, her seemingly perfect cupids bow, her long brown hair, her eyes were shut.

He felt himself growl, then everything was a blur.

When his vision came to him once more, his office was destroyed. The wallpaper ripped, several lower guard's heads and limbs lay sprinkled around the room, the wooden panelling on the walls was no more, his chair in pieces on the floor, ripped pieces of paper still floated through the air.

Aro stood in the open door frame, the door in question was not on it's hinges, it was in splinters on the ground. Aro held the newspaper clipping to his eyes, his eyes also turning darker by the moment.

'Aro...' Caius started, cautious that his brother may have the same reaction he had not even minutes ago

'To Sydney.' Aro grunted, turning around swiftly his cloak flowing up as he spun

'Don't let Marcus find out.' Caius warned him slowly, not wanting their brother's condition to worsen

'Let Marcus find out what?' A tired voice croaked, the devil himself came from the other side of which Aro left. 'I feel our bonds weakening with her, what's going on?' His lip quivered as he silently begged Caius desperately for the information he desired oh so much.

'Nothing. We just need to find her soon that's all.' Caius cut him off sharply, immediately going to tidy his papers that remained untouched

'You're lying.' He grumbled, his eyes looking down at the ground as the venom built up behind them 'I'm not that deceivable, you forget I am also a member of the Volturi, a king such as yourself should not attempt to belittle somebody with the same rank or status.' He ended with his voice trailing off

'Maybe if you acted as a King instead of hiding, then maybe I will not begin to forget.' Caius snapped, his anger rising

'Do you forget?! Do you not know that our Queen is in danger? Do you not know how hard it is to see the bonds, the connections we have with her weaken as she fades from us?' Marcus shouted rashly, having enough of his brother's attitude