The Greatest Brothers In History

"Hey, David. It's me, Thomas. You hate me right now, and that's fine, but please continue to read.

When you died, I killed you because you were sick, and the pain would only get worse. This by no means justified my actions, since I should have at least told you about my thoughts, and perhaps given a more humane way of having you die, surrounded by the other members of our family.

After I finished, I cried. I cried a lot.

The goddess of death came up to me, and offered me a chance to start again, in a new world, with you.

Initially, I just wanted it to be a fun little adventure, like the ones we saw in comic books as kids. However, once you found out the truth, I knew that the happy little adventure would be impossible.

So, David, you killed the most evil villain in all of history. Tell the world, and you will become the greatest hero, like you've always wanted.

From the moment the others left the room, each and every last member of the Followers of Death have been killed, and now that you've read this far, I have also been killed.

I probably should have learned my lesson from earth, that I should tell you before I go off and do bad stuff, but I guess I didn't.

I know that you probably didn't want it to be this way, and neither did I, but it was my decision, so feel free to hate me as much as you want, little bro.

So, even though my corpse is lying on the floor, just know that I love you, David."

David read the letter, and wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

He decided that it wasn't the time to do anything about the letter, and put it in his pocket.

David walked out of the basement, and saw his friends, with corpses spread throughout the castle.

"Holy shit... I heard the bang, and thought you died!"

"Yeah. Yeah."

Hearing Alkaline's words, David and his friends left the castle, and told the rest of the world that they had killed Thomas, and with that, they were acknowledged as heroes, and given their own rooms in the royal castle of a large country.

...

"So, did you get everything you wanted from that world?"

Thomas opened his eyes, and thought he had gone blind.

Even with his eyes open, he couldn't see anything, so he sat up, and saw himself.

"Come on, answer me."

"Not exactly. I'm fine with the way I died, I just wished that it had gone differently. If I could go back, there's a lot of stuff I would change, but it's too late, isn't it?"

Thomas looked over to Death, and she smiled.

"Where am I? Is this the afterlife?"

"Sort of. Most people don't go here, but since I branded you, you get access to my home. The same goes for your brother."

Thomas looked back down at the darkness of the floor, and smiled a little.

"When he gets here, he'll probably beat me up for what I've done. Well, I don't mind, since I deserve it."

With that, Thomas sat in the dark room for many years, before his brother finally died, and entered.

Thomas looked up at his brother, and smiled.

"So, you've finally come to see your big brother."