Chapter 5

Collège Françoise Dupont was, upon first impressions, a good school. It had a decent syllabus, Damian hoped that it would prove more challenging than Gotham - he didn't stay too optimistic about it thought.

The students from Gotham were exempt from attending English Classes as it was a language they were fluent in. Damian wondered if his hayat was attending the class or not - she learned English from him teaching her small nuances that he learned from Gotham and they learned the language better together.

Students strolled past him, some doing a double take as they recognized him. The other students from Gotham had all gotten their schedules already, he assumed. Damian had been delivered by his brothers and as such, was not traveling with the group.

And the French students were not subtle with their whispers. Not at all.

"It's Damian Wayne-!"

"-rich and hot-"

"-look at his bone structure! He could cut diamonds with that jaw-!"

Damian scowled as he walked through the crowded hallways, listening as girls and boys alike fawned over him. Not that he had anything against the boys, seeing as his friend Jon swung that way, but he was not interested in being pestered by the lot.

He entered his first class - homeroom with Madame Bustier - and sat on the bench at the back. Students slowly entered and Damian felt amusement and disdain in equal measures as they did a double take when they saw him. 

One girl, with ombre hair and glasses, was particularly brave and tried to walk over to him to ask him some questions no doubt, only to be quelled when he shot her a glare.

The teacher walked in, red hair and teal eyes, only for the door to slam open again.

Damian smirked as his hayat walked in, with messy blue hair and yawning. A loose, black, rock shirt, skinny jeans, and a leather jacket made up her ensemble. Dark makeup made her pale skin look like ivory. She stared at him for a moment before rolling her eyes.

She flopped next to him and he brushed his fingers over hers. His skin burned at the contact. Damian was sure that it wasn't his imagination as her skin gained a silver sheen, her eyes more vibrant, and her breath catching.

He leaned over to whisper in her ear. "Surprise," he breathed, his lips barely brushing the shell of her ear. "Did you really think that I would pass up the opportunity?"

Marinette hummed, leaning her head back with half-lidded eyes. "Of course not, Dami." She looked back at the teacher briefly. Her back was turned. Marinette's lips tilted upwards as she whispered softly, "I'm glad you're okay."

What she was referring too he didn't understand for a few moments. Then he remembers the ache in his body during the attack, the falling building, and leans over to kiss her temple. "I'm always okay when I'm with you," he murmurs, his lips brushing her ear.

Her cheeks take on a vibrant pink hue and Damian thinks that she's adorable.

***

Marinette curled her fingers around Damian's wrist, tugging him forward gently as she led him to the back of the school. She saw the flowers behind the school brighten, vibrant and joyous and in harmony with the buzz of her soul.

She turned around and smiled at Damian, who was smiling with his eyes though his face was impassive. Posion-chaos-ash dances on her skin, tangling with creation, and Marinette wants to wrinkle time to save the moment.