Chapter 15 | Father's Rage

April 2nd, 2013

April 2nd, 2013

(Riot Roi)

Riot had fallen into an unconscious pattern. 

Each day, she found herself enjoying the company of Cronus. She didn't know what changed but she wanted to be with him. 

Now, not needing to focus on survival, she even took the time to get a haircut. Riot had shortened it into a side-parted pixie bob. It was so much easier to deal with.

Treading the cement pathway, she ran her fingertips along the wall beside her. She was behind the motel- just arriving from a joyful jaunt through the forest. Though, arguing voices became known as she approached an entryway into the outdoor motel halls.

She leaned against the wall, peeking around the corner just enough not to be seen.

Cronus stood in a flawless black suit, something she saw him often wear. His hair was an uncharacteristic mess. His back faced her, arms wildly gesturing. In front of him stood a taller and older man. He shared the same dark brown hair- though grey littered its strands.
The man had a beard and scarred nose. With deadly blue eyes, he jabbed a finger into Cronus' chest and continued his verbal assault. "You're sounding like an incompetent brat." He snarled with anger.

Riot couldn't see his reaction.

The older man waved his hands, "Where's the son I raised?" He questioned, "The one who knew what to put first? The son I'm molding into a leader."

"He's still here!" Cronus exclaimed, "You made me into a man who knows how to control a room." He confirmed, "Which means I'm not going to take your bullshit."

Riot's eyebrows raised, but she couldn't help but grin. That's the man she knows.

The man she assumed to be his father did not look pleased. "You've been wasting your time-" He clenched his fists, "-Coming out to this stupid fucking town. I should've known it wasn't just for your grandma."

He exhaled, "You need to fucking grow up. You're seventeen, Cronus." His father glared down at him, "Your future is taking over Lycoris. Lucifer is taking over Desinic Banks from Rumina, and he knows that." Riot watched Cronus' muscles tighten. The man scoffed, "He's younger than you but knows his future."

"Don't fucking compare me to him." Cronus snapped, "I could kick your ass, Brontes. You aren't as strong as you used to be." 

Brontes cracked his knuckles, "You want that, boy?" He hissed, "You're as clueless as your younger brother."

The next thing she knew, Cronus charged into his father and threw fists into his stomach. Brontes lost his breath and grabbed his son's shoulders, digging his nails into his skin and shoving him back.
Cronus landed numerous punches and claws on his father, doing frightening damage, but Brontes landed a brutal hit to his face. He gasped, coughing roughly as he staggered back. Was he... losing?