Chapter 14: The island, again

Midnight's POV (Because why not?)

I look down at the ocean beneath us. We've been flying for a long time, the sun is already going down. Luckily our island already comes into sight.

I feel Thyra tense, I have to admit I'm a bit nervous too. The last time we were here was after Viggo attacked. I don't understand why she cares so much, but I know she does. Thyra cares for him even though she doesn't want to admit it. 

She also cares for Hiccup. Although I understand that. Toothless and I secretly ship them, of course we would never say that but our riders share the same passion. I just think they are both too awkward to let each other know. Well, at least I got Thyra to stay with the other dragon riders. 

Let's hope she does stay and this is just a visit, I like the island but I like the edge more.

Thyra rubs her hand over my neck. 'We're almost there girl.'

I roar happily. I know that, of course I do. It's so funny how humans feel the need to point out the obvious. Toothless says Hiccup does it too.

I fly a little faster from excitement, even though the muscles in my wings hurt slightly from the nonstop flying.

We finally come into closer range, I can now see the speed stingers running over the water, looking up at us. The leader jumps on a rock and watches me closely, making sure it's really us.

I roar at him when I pass to let him know it's okay, Thyra also waves at him and he relaxes. He happily roars a welcome back, then he returns to his pack. 

I swiftly land in the middle of the island near the lake. I'm so hungry! 

Thyra quickly dismounts and smiles at me. 'Thanks girl, go relax okay? I was thinking about staying here until tomorrow midday or something, we'll arrive back at the edge somewhere in the night and avoid questions for a while.'

I purr and push her aside to eat my fish. She chuckles and walks away. Silly human, like arriving at night will avoid questions. We're talking about Hiccup here, no matter what Astrid told him he's going to ask questions as soon as he sees us.

Hothead suddenly erupts from the water, catching me off guard. A big splash falls upon my head, my wings, everything. It soaks my saddle while a few drops slide off my face. I scrunch my nose in annoyance and glare at Hothead.

He gives a dragon-like chuckle and then gives me a few fish to make up for it. I tilt my chin, still not pleased. He dives down and then, calmly, surfaces with another fish. 

I roar in a playfully arrogant way and take the fish from him. He looks at me with big cute eyes. Even though Hothead is bigger than me, which makes many humans assume he's older, he's actually just two years old. While I'm 21. 

I shake my head and throw him one of the fish. He squeals happily before diving down again. I yawn and look around. Where did Thyra go?

I sniff the ground and start to follow her trail, which leads me to the stables. Well, I still don't see them, no one bothered to pull the camouflage off. Thyra suddenly walks out of nowhere and I realize she must have been inside the camouflaged stable.

I walk towards her and she immediately smiles. 'Hey girl, I checked the stables out. No one is in there so I was thinking about leaving the Changewing skins over it, just so no human will see a building and try to check the island out.'

I yawn, not really interested in it. Humans do whatever they want, it doesn't matter what you do. If they are on their weird "I'm gonna destroy everything beautiful" rampage they will destroy everything. It doesn't matter if they see a building or not.