𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐲

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The day had started in a turmoil, she had a glimpse of Vida fetching perfectly cut out rags. They shared a look, the older woman didn't try to hide her discontentment in her ireful eyes. Before taking her leave, she drew a breath, the tension on her shoulder never easing off. As Kyra would later learn, dawn brought into light new inconveniences into Lady Stark's world, a woman's burden. In between enraged tears and curled fists over her clothes, Vida confined her lady had her first flowering and could now marry the King.

Such a dreadful thing to be trammeled in a cage of gold. A canary might have felt sheltered, the stiffness of the wire grill was protective and safe against predators. Yet for a lady of the North it was precarious, a bird of prey trapped inside a birdcage. The muscles would wither and in time grain would be unappetizing, until death would do them apart. A far most merciful fate upon the overall picture but Kyra didn't wish to witness that.

No, it was too sad. It was disgraceful for such a jubilant rite of passage to be spoiled by vile people. Lady Sansa was a woman, still flourishing but beautiful nonetheless. Moreover, Kyra had learned how spirited and mirthful she could be in private. She refused to let the Red Keep push all of those marvelous qualities under, she would not let them turn happiness into grout and blow it away.

By the morrow, the day after the news, Kyra sneaked out of the castle walls. As the forthcoming battle approached their doorstep, strolling in the open became more dangerous. The people were skittish about the rumors of Lord Stannis Baratheon's grand fleet sailing to crush them and smolder their lives. Food was scarce, more precious than ever before. It had become an impossible task to ransack the leftover, daring servants had lost hands trying to take bread to their families in Flea Bottom. Thus Vida and Kyra were forced to shut down their own operation. The patrols had doubled and the staff was given a choice: remain inside until the fight died out or join the poor souls on the outside. A cage was delightful for birds, afterall.

However, Kyra was grateful for the secret passages and even more so for Tyrion sharing the little secret with her. She had a new quest: cheer up Lady Stark. A few days back, the handmaiden had brought daisies hued of snow and placed them in a jar. Sansa commented they were pretty but all white felt empty, she then tried to correct herself and go back to the pleasantries in fear of hurting the other's feelings. However, Kyra cut her off.

''I understand, my lady. It's like a canvas begging for art.''

As Lady Sansa nodded in agreement, she knew what her next move should be because outside she would find a tweak of color. Wild flowers, too turbulent to contain in a garden but just with the same charm. When Kyra arrived in the city she remembered seeing a makeshift oasis of flowers and plants secluded in the parts of the world human kind didn't need to go. And she remembered purple, yellow and red, white flakes and blue tufts whereas Kyra's objective laid on a daisy look-alike with yellowish tones and a dark prominent button at the center. Even if alone in it, she would paint the gray canvas in Sansa Stark's life little by little.