Chapter 11 - Moving on

"You're one fast vampire," he laughed and carried me into the living room. The whole Cullen family was already there.

Carlisle and Esme standing together, Rosalie, Edward lounging on the couch, Alice and Jasper sitting on a chair together, they were all already looking towards the door before we even came in. Emmett dropped me from his back and took his seat next to Rosalie.

"Hello, Neveah." Esme gave me a hug. "I hope you're doing okay." I was scared but I just nodded, what did they have to discuss that was so important and involved the whole family?

"She should sit down," Alice said suddenly.

"Yes she should," Edward scooted over making space for me. I sat down. Everyone was silent and I began to feel very uneasy.

"Neveah, you're a vampire now," Carlisle started, "You aren't human, you won't grow up, and you have abilities that are beyond human, super senses."

"The point is," Rosalie cut in. "You don't have the choice of living with a human family anymore."

"Rosalie!" Esme exclaimed.

"There's no putting it lightly!"

"She's a child for crying out loud!"

"What?" I whispered hoarsely. "You mean I can't live with Tristan anymore?" Carlisle smiled sympathetically.

"No, you can't." I swallowed, dreading the answer of my next question.

"Can I say goodbye?"

Their exchanging looks gave me my answer, I took a deep breath in, even though I didn't need the oxygen it felt good to have cool air run down my lungs. My nostrils flared like they always did when I was about to cry, But no tears pricked at my eyes, my chin trembled slightly.

"We'll have to make arrangements," said Carlisle.

"What kind of arrangements?" I asked

"Funeral ones,"

"How are we going to pull that off, her heart is still beating." Jasper pointed out. I looked at him and almost startled. His once smooth skin was now rippling with marks, bite marks.

"Only we can hear that Jas," Alice said softly, "I have a dress which will go amazingly on her and so that no one can feel her heart underneath." She beamed at me "I'll show you later! You'll love it, Neveah!"

I glanced around the room, but nobody looked up to meet my gaze, they stared at the ground, only Carlisle had the nerve to look me in the eye.

"No! I won't have it!" I paced the room, "I can't leave Tristan without saying anything. I'm going." I walked towards the front door, but before I could reach it, Jasper popped up in front of me, blocking my way.

"We can't allow you to do that," Carlisle said softly, he was expressionless, how could he do this?

"I'm the only thing that Tristan has left, he's the one thing I have left. I can't leave him without a proper goodbye!" My voice was soft and girlish, but it was firm.

"You don't get it, Neveah. If we let you go, the Volturi will only find an excuse to come and take you!" Alice walked over to me, looking me dead into the eyes. "You will never see Tristan again, not a chance." I sighed, looking up to the ceiling.

"There isn't anything we can do?" I pleaded desperately. "One goodbye! One message! Please..." The room was silent, nobody moved, it was like a museum of statues, I leaned against the closest wall, slowly sinking down into a ball. I slid my hands into my hair frustrated.

"Sam could help," I turned to look at who had spoken, Edward sat casually on the couch, he didn't meet the stern stares from his family.

"Sam Uley? Why him?" I shuddered slightly, remembering the first time I met him.