Chapter 11 [Moment of Truth]

Ermanno slams the door open of his father's study

Ermanno slams the door open of his father's study. To his surprise, he finds his oldest brothers Adriano and Giovanni present there.

"What are you doing here? School's not over yet." Giovanni narrows his eyes slightly asking his youngest brother.

"Fuck the school! Anastasia--my twin sister-- she is alive!"

Adriano merely raises his brow while Giovanni stares at his younger brother's face a little stunned.

"And how can you be so sure?" Adriano asks as usually emotionlessly.

"She's my twin; I would never commit mistake in recognizing her. My fucking heart says that she is her. My twin, my other half....She's really alive." Ermanno whispered the last words more to himself.

A loud ringing of phone abruptly gain their attention. Adriano decides to answers the call.

"Hello...."

He calmly listens to whatever the person on other line have to say and then he hangs up without a word.

"What's the matter?" Giovanni abruptly questions while taking his older brother's sudden silence.

However, this silence seemed strange.

Like the deadly silence before the storm.

"Call Anastasio and Stefano!"

Ermanno slowly stares at both of them while trying to figure out the reason behind their odd behaviour.

Suddenly it clicks in his mind.

"You both knew!"

Giovanni furrows his brows while Adriano just silently shakes his head.

Before Ermanno could fully lost it, the door slams open and twins enters.

"This better be damn important! I was in the middle of fuc--"

Stefano pauses while noticing the tense atmosphere present in the office.

"What is it?" Anastasio decides to ask.

"It's about the one who saved you both--" Giovanni leads the conversation.

****************

"We are losing her!"

Eleanora flinches in fear as one of the nurse shouts. She tightly holds onto Angel's hand as he leads her to the chairs in sitting area.

"Will she be fine?" Nora slowly asks while looking at her older twin brothers. Angel nods his head while Hades as usually does not respond. He just stands in front of her, leaning against the wall with his eyes closed.

Another dreadful hour of waiting later, the doctor finally steps out of the room.

After assuring her that Anastasia is ok, he leaves.

"We should contact Ana's parents." Nora speaks while gaining her brothers' attention.

Then she stands up and makes her way inside Anastasia's room. With a somber look on her face, Nora slowly observes Anastasia's condition. She looks awfully pale and thin.

"Please get better soon." She gently squeezes her hand and whispers these words.

"We need to go, it's getting late." Nora looks back to find Angel standing behind her. She did not even notice when he came into the room.

"But Angel did you contact her family? They must be worried."

"Elijah checked her records out of school data. He have already contacted her father. He will be here soon." Angel taps her shoulders gently in reassurance.

"O-oh I see. Can I come later to see her?"

"Ofcourse you can, little sister."

Sending tons of relief in her chest, they finally make their way out of the hospital.

****************

Anastasia's eyes slowly opens. Her eyes makes contact with bright white ceiling. Her heart drops when she finally notices the smell of antiseptic and cleaning agents.

She immediately pulls her body to sit but falls back on the bed due to pain bursting throughout her whole body.

She looks down at her arms to find various wires hooked into her skin. It does nothing but increase the panic in her heart.

Just then the doctor comes along with one of the nurse.

"You need to calm down, dear." The nurse tries to calm her down gently but Anastasia wasn't having it.

She struggles under thier grips as tears continuously flows down her eyes.

"L-let GO!" She shrieks out in terror making them flinch suddenly. It hasn't even occured to them she could speak as they were informed earlier.

Her face pales when suddenly her eyes falls on Paul who is standing at the doorway watching her with darkened eyes.

Anastasia completely stills, mortified, knowing fully that another dreadful punishment awaits her.

She isn't allowed to speak and here she is screaming in front of him.

Taking advantage of her sudden frozen state, the nurse gives her a sedative that instantly knocks her out.

"I would like to take my daughter back home."

Hii. Hope you guys like this update. Make sure to give this chapter a ⭐.
More will be coming soon....
Get early access upto 32 chapters on patreon. Link's in my profile...❤️