Chapter 3

12 kilometers may sound like a lot, but it was merely a small matter of running your legs and lungs to the brink of death.

If it wasn't because it was related to a matter of life and death, Mingxi wouldn't understand why in the world was she trying so hard. She continued to run lap after lap with sweat barreling down her whole body.

When a boy from the International Class came over and said that he wanted to replace her, she rejected him nonchalantly.

The boy then ran back and repeated what had happened to the rest of the class.

The moment class ended, the whole of the International Class was in an uproar.

By the time it reached Fu Yangxi's ears, it had already become the story of how the new transfer student had gladly volunteered to run laps for him. She was even running with a joyful smile on her face.

Never in Fu Yangxi's 17 years of life had he ever seen a pursuer who was this passionate and obvious.

The small red bird in his heart puffed out its chest and happily shook its feathers. However, on the surface he still appeared annoyed. He slammed the table and yelled, "Are you all done with your gossip? What a bunch of nosy men."

Fu Yangxi's admonishment caused the noise in their class to pause for a short while.

Jiang Xiuqiu had been absent for the past few days as he was down with the flu. When a fellow student called him to share the gossip, he laughed so hard that he couldn't stop coughing. In the end, he couldn't help but to call Fu Yangxi.

"No way. You guys must be mistaken. Maybe the transfer student just has something to ask of you— You're saying that she likes you?" Jiang Xiuqiu laughed. "What would she like about you? Your bad temper? Your resting b*tch face? Or could it be how your young urban migrant hairstyle reminds her of a dog? Also, aside from the fact that you're rich..."

"If you don't know how to speak properly then sew your mouth shut!" Fu Yangxi pulled a long face. After hanging up, he tossed his phone into his desk drawer angrily.

He was happy, and the transfer student was overwhelmingly passionate.

But Fu Yangxi didn't naturally come to the conclusion that the transfer student was here for him.

He was 80% sure that she was here for the money.

F*ck.

Fu Yangxi kicked the chair beside him gloomily. After the transfer student returns, he plans to give her a sum of money and ask her to leave him alone.

On the other side, after Mingxi was done with the 30 laps, she felt utterly exhausted. Instead of returning to class, she headed straight to her dorm room, took a shower and went to bed.

It was almost 11.30a.m. when she woke up.

The moment she opened her eyes, she saw that there were three complete buds in her pot!

It was green, sparkling, crystal-clear and shaky as it swayed under the electric fan.

In addition to the little buds that Mingxi got from furiously inhaling Fu Yangxi's luck, she had about 3⅕ buds now.

Mingxi quivered in joy. She quickly got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to look at the mirror.

The small dark patch on the left side of her pale face had faded substantially. If she wasn't looking at it so closely in the mirror, it was barely noticeable.

Mingxi said, "With this speed of recovery, I'll be able to rid myself of the mask very soon!"

System: "Of course. The unfortunate things that you had to go through was related to the negative luck of being a female supporting character. The moment you absorb some positive luck, everything will go smoother for you."