Chapter Two: Gangster Life

The sun blazed overhead, its relentless rays beating down on the bustling streets of Bariga. The cacophony of the neighborhood was a symphony of its own-market women advertising their wares with boisterous calls, the buzzing of motorcycles weaving through traffic, and cars honking as they navigated the crowded roads. In the midst of this daily hustle, Bimbi sat inside a local café, a place he frequented ever since he discovered the marvel of computers.

With Boye's influence, the café owner had been instructed to accommodate Bimbi's every need, a gesture that allowed him the liberty to delve deeply into the workings of this new world. He was determined to understand everything he could, his curiosity insatiable.

As Bimbi clicked through a tutorial, his necklace unexpectedly began to glow-a soft, pulsating light that drew his attention away from the screen. He touched it, puzzled, whispering to himself, "What are you trying to tell me? You found Azibo?" His thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a commotion outside; a loud crash shattered the usual hum of activity, followed by the chaos of people running for cover. The once lively calls of the market were drowned out by the terrifying sound of gunshots and the sinister scrape of machetes on asphalt.

Panic set in as people scrambled to safety, shouting "Nah omo west!" - a warning that the rival gang had arrived.

Inside the cafe, the atmosphere tensed as the owner hurriedly locked the door, his movements quick and fearful. Bimbi rose from his seat, his calm demeanor contrasting sharply with the growing panic. He approached the owner, his voice firm yet calm. "Please open the door, I must step out."

The shop owner shook his head vigorously, his eyes wide with alarm. "Abeg no go out oh," he pleaded, his voice strained. "Naso dem dey come cause trouble if Oga Boye no dey."

Despite the warning, Bimbi's resolve did not waver. He understood the danger but felt a compelling need to intervene, to perhaps prevent further violence or understand more deeply the conflicts that plagued this part of Earth. "I must see what is happening," Bimbi insisted, his tone leaving no room for argument, his hand on the door handle.

The shop owner grasped his arm, holding him back. "No, no, no! Dem no dey joke, Stay here, abeg!"

Bimbi's determination only grew stronger. He had to face whatever danger lay outside, no matter the cost. The shop owner, with a resigned sigh, finally unlocked the door, allowing Bimbi to step into the swirling maelstrom of Bariga's streets, his heart set on making a difference amidst the chaos.

As Bimbi pushed open the cafe door, stepping into the tumultuous scene, it slammed shut behind him with a definitive clack. The once vibrant streets of Bariga were desolate, transformed into a battlefield marked by chaos and conflict. To his right, a group of young men wearing black berets and no shirts wreaked havoc. They stood next to a vehicle brimming with broken bottles, using them to smash windows and loot shops, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

Opposite them, a smaller group donned in red bandanas-Boye's boys-attempted to mount a defense. Despite their efforts, they were clearly outnumbered and faltering under the pressure, some already retreating amidst the chaos.

In a bold move, Bimbi stepped into the middle of the street, standing between the advancing chaos and the retreating defenders. His presence was like a sudden pause in a tumultuous symphony. The air thickened with tension, and as if by an unspoken command, the violence halted. The sounds of conflict-shattering glass, shouts, and the clatter of weapons-abruptly ceased, and all eyes turned towards him.

Feeling the surge of emotions around him, Bimbi extended his hands, his voice rising above the stunned silence. His abilities allowed him to touch the minds around him gently, easing the aggression, nudging the fighters to lower their weapons. The effect was immediate; arms slackened, and weapons clattered to the ground as both sides seemed to awaken from a spell.