6

atlas and flora make an appearance in this crossover of the century 🫶🏽 go read 'night thinkers' which is their book and my fav so far :)

 also please vote and comment, ily 

Liyana:

"So you ended up on the mysterious, gorgeous customers doorstep by chance??" Flora whisper yelled, not quite understanding the concept of quiet.

"Well h-"

"you really are living in one of my romance books."

"Stopp, I just don't know what to do now. Like does it mean anything, or am I delusional and he was just helping out a stranded freezing cold girl?"

"Ya know what I think? You should ask him out, then we can do like cute double da-"

Floras voice did that thing where it went higher pitched and excited, and with that came a volume raise which would project to all the cafes customers if I didn't clamp her mouth shut.

"Shush, that's your answer to everything. 'Just make a move'."

"And it's great advice."

I sighed, which she took as her cue to carry on talking.

"Honestly, why wouldn't this guy wanna date you? You're you." 

Flora said the words in such a matter of fact way it made my heart warm, but either way I just wanted to change the subject before I melted into a puddle on the ground. 

It was overwhelming, mostly because i hadn't seen or spoken to him for four days, and i was well aware that i was romanticising the entire interaction. However, i couldn't help myself, and that fact was embarrassing

It was like a secondary school crush i made eye contact with a boy who held the door open for me once out of genuine politeness, that im sure he showed to every human he interacted with. 

I thought about that boy for the rest of that school year.

As i said, embarrassing.

From the corner of my eye i spotted an all too familiar car, with the emergence of Atlas.

"Brilliant, lover boys here. Now you can stop telling the whole cafe my life story."

She turned around, and when her eyes met his the softest smile settled on her lips and a sort of dazed look sparkled in her eyes. 

It was a look of pure adoration that used to make me feel disgusted but with Atlas and Flora it's undeniably sweet. 

If anything, it makes me a bit jelly because when will it be my turn?

He entered the cafe, sending me a polite nod with a 'you alright?' accompanying it before standing infront of Floras till. 

Atlas was a man of few words. Well few words for everyone who wasn't Flora.

"What can I get for you today, sir?" Flora asked him sweetly, her eyes flitting across his form.

He lifted an eyebrow before scanning the glass case full of treats, both sweet and savoury.

"Something sweet, he paused, you?"

She leaned over and gave him a peck on his cheek, before rolling her eyes. 

"I'll excuse such a cringey line because I love you"

His grin widened significantly, and I'm not sure if I've seen Atlas smiling like that when not in the presence of Flora.

"And I love you darling."

She then turned towards me and wiggled her brows at him, "y'know liya's got a lil love interest going"

Atlas' brows raised and he leaned in, as if getting ready for the juicy details.

Give me strength, these two.

"Oh yeah? Who is it?"

"I do not have a love interest, gosh this is like the blind leading the blind with the delusional-ness."

"Ignore her. She's practically in love with his even though he's said like 4 sentences, and honestly that was how it was with us so its on the right path."

Dang, summed me up real good.

"I should never have told you"

"She even has the day and time in the week he comes in memorised" she whispered in a sing-songy way.

I was grateful Flora didnt work that shift. I love her to bits but i could not handle it.

After a few more minutes of teasing, a customer entered giving me an escape. 

"Oh sad a customer. Guess we can't carry on this lovely chat. Scurry along now kids, have fun on your date night."

It took a few grumbles from Flora, and a promise to fill her in on any advances before the pair left with their hands intertwined.

I scoffed when she asked that but inside butterflies hammered at my chests as I secretly wished that their would be something to update. 

adoredजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें