Chapter 20 - Coincidences

*Ranboos POV*

While walking towards baggage claim, my nerves heightened tenfold. I was really here. Right here, right now. What if I make a fool of myself? Nah. But what if I'm not fit for this place? Okay, I've got to stop worrying, I'll be aye-oh-kay. Unless I'm not oka-

"Ranboo!" Someone yelled, interrupting my corrupt thoughts. I looked around the area in search, only to see no one looking at me. "Ranboo!"

I jumped a bit, feeling a tug on my arm, I quickly whipped myself around, being greeted by no one other than Aimsey.

"Aimsey!"

"Ranboo!"

Enwrapping Aimsey in a hug, a smile spreads across my face. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," they replied, voice muffled in my chest. Releasing from the hug, they sigh in contentment, turning away from me. Turning their head back to face me, "You ready to go?"

I nod my head, following as they walked toward baggage claim. Is it possible that y/n walked this same path? That's weird to think about. They're so close, yet still so far? So many coincidences surrounding us, but never getting any closer? It just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe one day we can meet.

"You good?" I look over to see Aimsey looking at me expectingly.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you're good. You were kinda just blanking out their buddy," Aimsey replied.

"Oh, yeah. I'm good." I nod my head, glancing towards the baggage claim that caught my attention.

Arriving, the baggage claim buzzard goes off as the conveyer belt starts to go around. I wait impatiently, bouncing on my toes, just wanting to get my luggage. Did this always take forever? I subconsciously readjust my mask, noticing the amount of people arriving in the area. God, could this take any longer? I just wish I could text y/n right now. They always seem to make me feel better.

I sigh in relief as a single bag of mine comes around. "Just three more to go, yippie."

Aimsey snorts a laugh, rolling their eyes as they pull out their phone to text someone.

"Who ya texting?"

"The person you'll be meeting soon enough."

"The person who's staying with you?" I notice a glint in their eyes when I asked that.

"Yup. Is that your bag?" They nod to a piece of luggage about to pass us.

"Oh shoot, yeah." I quickly grab the bag off the conveyer. Two more to go.

"Hey, by the way, what's the name of the person that's staying with you too? I don't remember their name."

"Oh, it's y/n." I stare blankly at them, as they nonchalantly answered. "Oh. Uh, different y/n..."

I nod, facing toward the bags that are still coming. I glance to the side to look at Aimsey, but they're avoiding eye contact. What's up with them?

Another bag of mine comes toward me, making me forget my previous thought. Gotta love having a great memory. Maybe I should just replace my brain. That would be pretty nice.