Chapter 25

Back in the comfortable embrace of Grimston House, door locked, coats dropped and shoes kicked off, without a word we fall into each other's arms. I guess the attraction between us has been building slowly and steadily to the point where it can't be stopped.

Some words are necessary though, so between the kissing and caressing I breathlessly ask, "Condoms?"

"Yeah," says Teddy and kisses me again.

Then he stops for a moment. "Upstairs?" he asks.

"Downstairs?" I ask, and we kiss again.

Neither of us makes a decision so we don't go upstairs or downstairs but stay right there in the hall, tightly entwined, kissing mouths, faces, necks, until our standing positions become intolerable.

Finally I lead Teddy by the hand downstairs to my little unfinished bedroom. There, confronted by the queen-size bed and little else in the way of furnishings, we hesitate, the passion dipping below boiling point for just a moment as I (maybe we) consider what's about to happen.

This bed... it's been my refuge, my private little sanctuary for the entire time I've lived here. Now suddenly it's about to be ours: our stage, or maybe our playing field, our altar perhaps, our circus ring, our scene of the crime... The reality of what we're doing seems to hit us both. Should we keep going?

There's no real debate though and, honestly, no turning back. I climb onto the bed and pull Teddy with me. We're lying side-by-side, looking into each other's eyes and smiling like idiots as, slowly, teasingly, our lips come together again. It's so good to be with Teddy, and I'm amazed to feel so excited! I seriously thought maybe this part of me was dead, like I might never feel this way again.

And right now, for some dumb reason, a thought pops into my head. Has Teddy has ever had sex before? I mean, he's eighteen. He probably has, right? He certainly seems comfortable with everything so far, but maybe that's just enthusiasm? He is a little socially awkward, so who knows? Am I about to introduce young Ted Aiken to the magical world of sex?

Just the faint possibility is a little overwhelming to me. The responsibility! If he really is a sex noob what will he even be expecting? What kind of distorted ideas do guys have about sex these days after probably witnessing every type of deviant weirdness the Internet has to offer? Will he just be disappointed with my thin little bod, my unaugmented boobs, my standard, non-deviant sexual preferences and my lack of pro-level technique? If I'm his first, he'll never forget me, right? God, what if the memory isn't good?

• • • •

Condoms, Teddy thought. They're up in his dresser drawer. Damn, he'd have to break away and run up to get some, but when? Now? Not now. When? God, his head was spinning.

Darwin.

How had she gone from being that sad meth-head they brought home all those weeks ago to this sweet, fun, sexy girl who could drive him wild like this? Her eyes had seemed so dull and vacant then but now sparked with life and mischief and mystery. He didn't want anything to go wrong, didn't want to rush it or seem impatient, but he had never felt this kind of passion.

Darwin was gently biting his earlobe and he felt her breath against his ear. Teddy thought the warmth of her breath and the soft, moist sounds from her mouth were pretty much the sexiest things he'd ever experienced. He pulled her closer.

He'd get those condoms soon...

• • • •

I want to straight up ask him if he's a virgin but, whether he is or isn't, asking would really spoil the mood. I keep quiet. As we're lying on my bed, Teddy's hand, which was in the region of my lower back, moves toward my upper ass and he looks at me.