𝟐𝟖. 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐲?

The next day we went for a tour of the city, we didn't do anything in particular, that's why I liked it so much. We talked about everything and nothing, laughing and joking, making jokes that wouldn't make anyone laugh.

"Oh oh Harry listen to this! A cow goes to the stationer's and asks for a notebook with squares. The stationer says to her: 'I'm sorry we only have them in lines' then she replies: 'Never mind, I'm on my bike'" I immediately got on laughing uproariously bent over and holding my belly with my hands.

"Lou, that doesn't make any sense!"

"I know!" he answered me promptly. We started laughing louder than before, he put his arm around my shoulders as we almost rolled on the floor from too much laughter. People on the street looked at us terribly, but I didn't care. For once the Louis I had in front of me was a real Louis, a Louis free from all the problems he had within the school, he was simply himself. And I was happy that he let himself go completely with me, it meant that he trusted me enough to take off the mask he was always forced to wear and show his true self. There was no trace of the dark and gloomy Louis, he had given way to a cheerful and smiling Louis and this, if possible, made him even more beautiful. Because I really thought his smile was one of the most beautiful things in the world and seeing him so spontaneous could only brighten my day.

**

Time passed very quickly and in no time it was time for dinner. Louis told me he knew a nice restaurant in the area so I trusted him and followed him through the small town streets.

After a while we came upon a very nice Italian restaurant, just the kind of place I never expected from Louis. One of those fine, refined and elegant places. But my surprise didn't end there because he took me by the hand and dragged me towards one of the most secluded tables in the room. We sat facing each other and my feelings became very mixed. Happiness, confusion and terrible embarrassment irreparably mixed in my head. I didn't know what to say or how to act anymore, because it almost felt like... a date. I had never had one and that place made the atmosphere so romantic.

"So..." I tried then "it's a nice evening, isn't it?" I couldn't have said a more stupid and insignificant thing, Louis looked at me as if I had gone crazy frowning.

"Emm... yes I think so"

Thankfully the waitress came to take us off, or at least for me, from the embarrassment. She handed us the menus and with a sort of pirouette she almost danced away.

I glanced at Louis and saw that he had already taken one of the two menus and that half slouched in his chair was eyeing it sceptically. A smile was born spontaneously on my lips. Apparently I had no reason to worry, it wasn't who knows what official either important, just a simple exit between emm... what we were.

The waitress returned shortly after and I could swear she had added mascara on her lashes.

"So what do you want?"

"Umm...I'll get some spaghetti Bolognese," Louis ordered. At that moment I realised that I had been so taken with him that I hadn't even touched the menu. I opted to go classic.

"The macaroni with tomato sauce"

"And to drink?" she chirped after noting what we had said.

"I'll have a coke" I said

"A sprite" The waitress scribbled something more on her notepad, then left, taking back the menus. I watched her until she shot behind the door, when I turned around I saw that Louis was staring with a frown.

"What's up?" I asked slightly annoyed by the fact that he continued to observe me with that expression.

"I was just thinking how corny you are. Pasta with tomato sauce? Seriously?"