The Gateway to Hell

The Stull Cemetery in Kansas, United States, has gained reputation due to Urban Legends involving Satan, the occult, and a "gateway to Hell". The rumors about the cemetery were popularized by a November 1974 issue of The University Daily Kansan (the student newspaper of the University of Kansas), which claimed that the Devil appeared in Stull twice a year: once on Halloween, and once on the spring equinox. People soon said that the cemetery was the location of one of the seven Gates of Hell and that the nearby Evangelical Emmanuel Church ruin was "possessed" by the Devil. 

It is also said that during a trip to Colorado in the 1990s, the Pope redirected the flight path of his private plane to avoid flying over the unholy ground of Stull. Folks swear an old tree in the graveyard once served as gallows for condemned witches who return each year as Satan's army. But it is the cemetery that is most feared, for they say it is Beelzebub's gate. The voices of the dead will strangle you while evil spirits carve out your innards. 

They say that in the basement of the abandoned church in Stull, Kansas, there is a staircase. And if you follow that staircase, down, down, down, you will reach the entrance to hell, itself. And if you can crawl your way back up that ladder, escape from the bowels of hell to reach the surface, you will have to climb for weeks. That is if the devil does not grab you first. They say on the night before Halloween, a woman in a white dress lures drivers to their death along the highway's edge, never to be seen again.