Forty-Four: The Running Game

"You really did it, kid."

"Frank."

"You're really throwing it all away," he replied and I scoffed.

"And what exactly is it that I'm throwing away, Frank?" I asked as I adjusted the way I was sitting.

"Your career. Your fucking reputation." He roared into the phone. "I mean, I knew you were stupid enough to go back to her. Hell, your ass was stupid enough to get in a fight because of her. But to go as far as getting the broad pregnant. Have you lost your fucking mind?"

"Fuck you, Frank." I replied as I let out an angry chuckle. I was getting pissed off, but decided to remain calm. "Your pathetic ass got a lot of nerve calling me right now. You know that?"

"I've seen the shit that's been going on these past few months, and I'm just trying to look out for you like I've always done," he replied causing me to scoff again as I listened to his bullshit.

"So lying to me is looking out for me?" I asked sarcastically. "Keeping shit from me is looking out for me?"

I listened as he sighed in annoyance before responding. "Looking out for you is exactly what it means, Mike. C'mon, kid. You have to let this go. I've given you enough time to calm down and get over this shit." He stressed. "It's over with and done. It's all in the past. You can't seriously still be stuck on this. It happened months ago."

"Actually it was over a year ago," I corrected in a sneering tone. "And I'm over it, honestly. Doesn't mean I wanna deal with you again."

Frank chuckled bitterly. "After all these years of working together. After everything I did for you and your family. You're just willing to throw the shit away, huh? All of this because of some fucking cun-"

"Watch yourself, Frank." I snapped cutting him off. "I would choose my words carefully if I were you," I said through gritted teeth, and he remained silent. "Yes, you might have been around all those years, but that doesn't mean anything to me, now." I added as my grip tightened on the phone. "Since you wanna mention the past and all you've supposedly done for me, I'm supposed to just thank you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Mike, kid,  c'mon-"

"Thank you, Frank. Thanks for all the years of over fucking stepping. Thanks for always feeling like you needed to go above and beyond and navigate the women in my life." I snapped. "Every single one. Only this time, you failed. And the shit you've continued to pull ended with Tatiana."

"Tatiana," he scoffed. "Fucking Tatiana? You can't still be on that, kid." He said in disbelief. "She had a job to do, she overstepped, so she was let go. Simple."

"Funny you mention overstepping as if that hasn't been your MO," I shot back.

"Why do you care what happened with Tatiana anyway? Aren't you over her? I thought this was about Lauren. Or maybe you're finally realizing you never cared for the broad," he said. And judging by his tone with that last remark, I could tell he was smirking. "Besides, I wouldn't be so hell bent on Tatiana if I were you," he continued after a brief silence. "She's probably the worst one of them all. She's been fucking that concert promoter." He said casually, causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"What?" Was all I was able to get out.

"Yeah. While she was still fucking you," he said casually. I was a bit skeptical of his word. But if I was being completely honest, he came off completely sincere. Truly a rare sight.