Chapter 3 - Grian

Grian flew swiftly away using his elytra and spamming fireworks... He felt terrible and tears were pouring down his face.. I'm becoming like them... I don't want to be like them...

Around 5 minutes later

Grian landed on his mansion roof and floated slowly to the ground...

He locked himself in his room and began crying... Maybe I should have stayed with them... Then they wouldn't have died... Maybe I would have died... Grian eventually drifted off into a troubled sleep...

"Xelqua! Wake up! You have to leave"
Grian looked at himself... He was in his half watcher form... "Xel! Leave!! They're coming!!"

Grian's dream shifts... He curled up and whimpered with tears pouring down his face... He watches as all he knows and loves is destroyed... As his family... The ones that saved him... Are killed brutally...

Grian's dreams shift again... He watches and cries as he watches Taurtis... He watches as Taurtis curls up in pain... A knife in his abdomen... Grian watches as Taurtis heals in the hospital... As he forces Grian into being Taurtis... As he discovers Grian's wings... As he pulled and plucked them... Grian whimpers in pain at the memory... Until he is woken up...

"Psst! Are you ok?" A voice whispers from the darkness... "Who are you?" Grian asks straight up terrified...

"Doesn't matter right now... Are you ok?" The mysterious voice asks...

"I-I'm fine... But who are you and how did you get in here?

The voice mock gasps "How could you! Xel I thought we had something"

Grian looks at him confused for a moment... Then it dawns on him... The only person who called him Xel was... "Exavier?" Grian asks his face full of hope...

"The one and only!" Exavier says with a smile. "I missed you Xel"

Grian burst into tears of joy and leaped across the room tackling EX into a hug...

"Don't you ever do that to me again EX! Do you have any idea how scared and sad I was when I left!?" Grian squeezes EX into a tight hug. "I thought you were dead!!"

EX smiles and hugs Grian back... "I missed you too songbird... I'm sorry...I never should have left you..."

Grian and EX continue hugging until Grian's sensitive hearing picks up the sounds of fireworks about 80 blocks away and approaching rapidly... The fireworks stop outside his mansion and Grian stiffens... The hermit, False knocks on the door... Grian learnt to tell the hermits footsteps apart long ago when he first joined... When he first felt unsafe...

"Grian? Are you in here?" False yells. "Coming give me a minute" Grian hollers back... "EX hide!" Grian whispers softly... "Hide in the cupboard... There's a secret base ladder in there!"

"G? You ok up there?" False calls from downstairs... She's on the stairs... Just at the bottom... Grian thinks to himself...

"Coming False! Just finishing something" Grian says while looking at EX with a slightly scared look on his face...

Grian walks down the stairs after EX has hidden... He sees False at the bottom of the stairs proving his thoughts right...

"Hi False!" Grian says with a smile on his face. "What'd you come for?"

False sighs... "I thought I saw you flying over crying... Are you ok?"

Grian stops for a moment...  Crap... I didn't see False... Grian really rubs the back of his neck awkwardly... "I don't know what you are talking about... I'm fine! I haven't cried in a long time... But I haven't cried today..."

"Are you sure?" False asks with a concerned tone in her voice.

Grian nods "I haven't cried today... I did fly around though... Maybe the speed I was going at made you think I was crying..."

False smiles. "Ok G! In that case I had better go... Otherwise Stress will have my head... I promised to be at her event... See you!" False waves goodbye as she flies off with her elytra...

659 words

A/N
Hello again! Thanks for reading this story and hopefully my word count will increase as the chapters progress. Thanks for reading and maybe consider leaving a vote or comment if you like the story!

-Flamingo Girl WP