2| NAIL BITING AND TIGHTS

Dolly took off her thick beige coat

Dolly took off her thick beige coat. The library didn't have any air conditioning making it easier for her to get over heated even if her legs were uncovered. Her curly hair that looked soft and neat was paired with a headband that matched her creme shirt. She stared at the back of John Bender's head noticjng he had nice hair. The brunette wondered what shampoo he used or if he used any at all.

The silence didn't last long as Allison started chomping on her nails. Everyone stared at the girl with different emotions. Dolly, for one, was confused why she was biting them so hard.

Allison looked up from her activity and notice that everyone was staring at her. She didn't seem to care though. "You keep eating your hand, you're not going to be hungry for lunch." Bender pointedly said. Allison, in response, spat the nail polish that came off her nails at him. "I've seen you before, you know." He pointed at the girl.

Vernon peeked out of his office to see if the kids were doing what they were assigned. Everyone went back acting like they were interested in the paper he gave out. Dolly wrote her name at the top and wrote Jennifer's as well. She looked in the direction of where the talking was coming from.

"Who I think I am. Who are you? I am a walrus." Brian goofed. Dolly stifled a laugh while Bender looked weirded out. He must have noticed some attention on him as he slowly looked in the direction of the two.

The pen was still in his mouth and pressing into his nostril. She smiled at him. Brian's face got red and he gave an sheepish one back. Dolly watched as Bender yanked the scarf off his neck and Brian turning back around taking the pen out of his mouth soon after.

"Hey, stop staring." January poked her best friend. "Was not" She defended. "Was so"

"It's the shits, huh?" Brian smiled at the boy what was basically glaring at him. Dolly tried to ignore what was happening due to second hand embarrassment and slid her headphones on as she doodled on the corner of the paper. She was skipping through a song on her walkman when she was hit in the head with a paper airplane.

She looked at January and Owen, flipping them off before she stuffed the stupid note in January's open hands. The sound of 'tell me if you want it by' by Pantera was amplified by the silence.

"Great job, Dumbass" January said to Owen who just shrugged innocently in response. Brian snuck a glace at Dolly who was finally satisfied with her music and met the eyes of January. He awkwardly cleared his throat and turned around.

January didn't think she was intimidating but she definitely had a reputation. She looked down at the note that Owen had thrown. 'Get Johnny to say something crazy about Dolly and see if this Brian boy defends her' it read. January thought about it and the idea sounded plausible to her. She leaned forward and nudged John.

He turned around confused and leaned back. She whispered something into his ear and he looked at Owen who gave him a thumbs up. John nodded and an okay gesture. He went back to his position and started humming the song Dolly was playing. She definitely didn't know that it was that loud or if she could even listen to music but to hell with Vernon.