Thirty Eight:

Brielle
March 22
4:14 pm

We didn't have to go to work after school today so I decided to spend my afternoon getting ahead on some of my schoolwork so I won't have to do it later.

I was currently laying on my bed reading Hamlet, which actually wasn't as bad as people makes it seem. It was an okay play

"Brielle" my momma called my name as she walked into my room "you sure you don't wanna do this show? I just need to know before I make this call"

I nodded "yeah I'm sure"

"Okay"

"You don't think I'm making a stupid decision? Decided not to do the show" I asked my momma and she shook her head

"No. I'm actually kinda glad to see you choose to go have fun over modeling for once. It's your senior prom. You only get this opportunity once. You'll be in hundreds of fashion shows but once high school is over, it's over"

"You right. Plus I don't wanna be the only one to miss out. Especially now that graduation is getting closer and you know how things go after graduation"

"What you mean?" She asked, coming to sit on my bed beside me

I sighed, closing my laptop "Jeremiah's gonna be in Kentucky, Kinsley's gonna be in New York, Kyran's gonna be in California and I don't even know where me and Kaleia stand at this point. We're all gonna be away from each other making different friends, we're gonna have our own different lives away from each other when we're so used to being around each other 24/7 since birth"

"Brielle" my momma laughed "it really isn't as bad as you think. It's just about y'all making time for each other. Yeah you're gonna have different lives with different schedules. You'll probably go months without seeing each other. But y'all got phones. It only takes a few seconds to shoot a text to one another or in a group chat. And when you can, call or FaceTime. It's honestly just a communication thing and if y'all really wanna stay in contact then it'll happen"

"You're right"

"And what's going on with you and Kaleia?"

"A while ago she just basically called me out and said that me and Jeremiah were talking on the low and a bunch of other stuff so we kinda fell out"

When I told her that, she made a face "And why would she assume that?"

"I don't now momma. Me and Jeremiah have ALWAYS been close and the way we act with each other after they broke up was the same as before they broke up. Jeremiah is basically like a brother to me and she knows that"

"Has she ever said anything to you about that before they broke up?"

"No. Never. Me and her were cool then. It was just after they broke up. And honestly I'm sick of constantly explaining and defending myself"

"And you shouldn't have to do that. Say what you gotta say once and let people feel how they feel. You, Jeremiah and everybody else know you and Jeremiah's relationship so if she wanna think anything then let her. Kaleia just probably got a lot going on and everything is just getting to her"

"I get that but is still no excuse for her to come at me when im nothing but genuine to everybody. She went off on me in front of the whole cafeteria momma"

"You right. She should've came and sat down with JUST YOU and expressed how she felt. And ion too much like hearing how she embarrassed you like that in front of everybody"

"I don't like it.. and she came to me the other day apologizing. And I believe she was genuinely sorry, but I just don't know if I can be as cool with her as I was before. Only because if we were supposed to friends, you should've came to me as a friend instead of coming at me like I'm somebody you don't really like"