𝐕𝐈. 𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲

Chapter Six; 𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲

+ + +

Everyone was not fine. Wednesday was back in the infirmary, unconscious and leaving a partially worried brother and new friend behind. Her eyes were shut firmly, her body lying as still as one would after rigor mortis had set in with her hands resting gently over her stomach. She looked dead.

"You couldn't have just tugged her away?" Morana questioned, staring at Xavier incredulously as he persisted on staying by Wednesday's side until she awoke. "Like...did you need to full blown tackle her to the ground?"

"Oh, and i supposed you would've helped her out of the way?" Xavier bit back, to which made Morana scowl at him. She released a huff, however, and turned to Khaos. The boy was sat in a chair, looking miserable as his dark eyes stared at his unconscious sister. Did he think it was her fault, too?

"I-"

"Whatever." Xavier mumbled before he turned to look at Wednesday's dead-like body. There was a moment of silence, one where Morana could feel a chill run up her spine before she was shaking her head and preparing to simply leave the infirmary. It wasn't her fault Wednesday was here, was it?

And if it was...should she be around Wednesday and Khaos if it means their lives become in danger?

"Welcome back." Before the decision could be made for her, Xavier had spoken once more and gained hers and Khaos' attention. They looked towards Wednesday's bed in sync, witnessing her rising upright into a sitting position. "Just - take it easy." He told her, to which made Morana want to gag. "The Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?"

"Do i have to witness this?" Morana quietly asked Khaos, glancing towards the brown eyed boy as he seemed to contemplate it.

"How far is the town?"

"Twenty-five minute walk?" Morana replied in a slightly higher pitched tone, unsure on whether she had heard Ms. Thornhill correct. She watched as Khaos bopped his head before he seemed to have effortlessly left the room without Wednesday noticing him.

Morana followed shortly after, double checking over her shoulder to make sure that Wednesday hadn't seen them leave. Which she hadn't. With a nod of her head, Morana turned and began to follow after Khaos, something she didn't actually expect herself to be doing.

"And where are we going to go, Mr. Addams?"

"To get some damn coffee." He gruffly replied. He wasn't in too great of a mood. His sister almost died, he showed a bit of emotion and therefore weakness when it came to said sister, and Xavier Thorpe was acting like a dick and he wanted to strangle him.

Khaos wanted some coffee to relax.

~

Enterring the small cafe in Jericho wasn't what Morana had expected. Neither did she expect Khaos to open the door for her and gesture for her to enter first, but there she was. She glanced at the ochre coloured surroundings, smiling softly as the scent of fresh coffee filled her nose.