- CHAPTER 2 -

...

Soon enough, Clay had saved Branch from drowning and everyone had go back to the party.

Even if it was his birthday, Branch stayed distanced from the crowd. He prefered his quiet table that his friends had the good idea to set up for him.. it was away from the bright lights and loud music and he could close the curtains around it at any moment to get some deserved silence, but he liked to watch his brothers singing on stage again, it brought back... bittersweet memories. At the moment they were singing "Stayin' Alive" which was, he knew well, one of Satin and Chenille's favorite. Many times before the SnackPack knew he had a bunch of older siblings, they would invite him to slumber parties and blast Brozone's album in their pod.

At the same time, Branch was focused on using the best way to stim he had think of possible; scrapbooking. He had get better at it since the first album he had made for Poppy but he still needed so practice before he was able to craft volume 2.

It helped him to clear his thoughts to cut paper and glue things on the pages, to just occupy his hands. He could use this form of art to let out his feelings like Poppy had advised to him.. sure, his scrapbooks weren't always as bright and detailed as hers, but she liked every of them with all of her heart. Sometimes the couple would spend the night at her pod or the bunker and would just talk about the new pages of their "vent scrapbooks". It made Branch feel good. It made him feel happy.

It was when he was struggling with a piece of blue felt that Poppy pushed the curtain open to walk in. She laughed at the view of her boyfriend; hair still wet and frowning as he tried to get the right shape out of a piece of paper. The blue brozone vest and the stars on his cheek did suit him pretty well;

- Need help ? She asked, bringing him a plate full of chocolate cupcakes and other snacks that the pink troll knew he liked.

He raised his gaze toward her, his stomach filling up with butterflies. He moved to let her some space next to him. She sat down and looked at his scrapbook with interest;

- What are you representing? She asked.

- I call that one "Reunion", he explained.

He had indeed scrapbooked the first group hug he had get from his brothers.. well almost everyone. John Dory was missing; he was still in Branch's hands.

- I can't cut a square, he grumbled, talking about his brother's body type.

Poppy opened her hand so he would pass her the scissors. He smiled back and let her do it for him.

She carefully made a John out of paper while Branch took a cupcake to start eat it

She carefully made a John out of paper while Branch took a cupcake to start eat it. The party was still going on in the background but they didn't mind it more than this.

Poppy looked at Branch in the corner of her eye; the bluish troll was looking at his family on stage with mixed emotions. Concerned she gently caressed the back of his hand;