XXI

~Spencer Reid~

The Indian fast food wasn't as good as the Tandoori Chicken made by Spencer Reid's girlfriend. Which was a pleasant surprise. Orion said he was just biased, which Spencer vehemently denied. Truthfully, it may have been how much he enjoyed listening to all her childhood stories that made the meal taste so good.

After dinner and ice cream the couple had headed to Nathaniel and Thea's home for the night. The two were already there, waiting for them to return. Clover had been put to bed while the adults stayed up a little longer to discuss the literal bombshell Orion's parents had dropped on them before turning in as well.

~

Spencer groaned as he rolled into consciousness the next morning. Sunlight streaming through the curtains into his eyes. He reached out, some part of his mind expecting Orion to be lying in the same place she had been when they fell asleep. But that side of the large bed was empty.

His memory brought him back to two weeks earlier, the time Spencer had stayed over the night at Orion's apartment. She hadn't been in bed when he'd woken up that morning either. Sitting up, Spencer couldn't stop the lazy smile from spreading across his face as his eyes finally found purchase on his girlfriend.

Orion was wearing leggings and a tank top, in the middle of a set of pushups on the floor at the end of the bed. He could tell she had been at it for a while already because her forehead had a sheen of sweat on it. Instead of interrupting her, Spencer folded his legs under the blankets, rested his elbows on his knees, and propped his chin up on his hands as he watched.

It was only five minutes later when she began those odd sideways one handed push ups that Orion spoke up. "Good morning SSA Dr. Spencer Reid PHD." She smiled effortlessly at him, as though she weren't going through the motions of what had to be a grueling workout.

"Good morning, Queen of Swords. I see you're getting an early start to your day." Spencer chuckled at her.

"Of course, the best time to get the muscles working. Especially when we'll be having a long day of candy hunting ahead of us." She hummed as she switched sides.

"Ah yes, it's Easter today." Spencer nodded.

"We've got about an hour before Clover wakes up, by my estimates." Orion informed him.

"I'm sure you'll want to have a quick shower after your workout in that time." Spencer raised an eyebrow thoughtfully.

"Unless you are bothered by the smell of sweat." Orion snickered.

"You don't smell even half as bad as Morgan does after his workouts." He scoffed back. Watching as she stood to her feet and began performing a series of stretches.

"Let me guess, he dragged you to the gym with him?" She asked teasingly.

"Said I needed a bit more muscle to impress the ladies." Spencer huffed.

"You look very handsome just the way you are, Spencer." Orion assured him, flashing a smile his way before continuing her routine.

"You're biased."

"Perhaps, but I'm sure there are plenty of other people out there who would agree with me." She told him.

"Your's is the only opinion that I care about, and my Mom's." Spencer said honestly.

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"Mom thinks I should put on some more muscle or weight." He said bluntly.

"Every mother should be overly concerned about their child's health and well being. Even when they already are in a healthy state. It's usually how they show that they care about and love you." Orion said. "Unfortunately, my mother is an example of the unhealthy version of that."