Chapter Six - Trust is a Capital Offense (Class Trial, Part One)

Now Playing - Class Trial [Dawn]

Monokuma: Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results.

Katsumi Midori: If we can figure out "whodunnit" blah blah blah yeah we've heard this a thousand times before.

Monokuma: Well, not quite. This time, there's no murder to be solved. Instead, you're looking for the big baddie, the one behind this beautiful bear! So it would be more accurate to say if you can find the mastermind, then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one.... then I'll punish everyone besides the mastermind, and the one who deceived everyone else will win!

Mizuki Kokatsu: Hold it.

Monokuma: Hm?

Mizuki Kokatsu: You said "win." Normally, during that whole speech, you say "graduate."

Monokuma: My, my, you're quite perceptive! You're right, it would be entirely inaccurate to say that the mastermind would graduate, since they were never in any danger and could technically leave whenever they wished. This trial doesn't follow the rules that you're used to. My secret identity has no desire to escape, only to deceive and sustain the status quo of despair. You'll have to play around that if you really want to win this fight!

Takayuki Uesaka: So.... where the hell do we even start? There's no murder weapon, no corpse, no alibis....

Keina Hagihara: But there's plenty of evidence. Remember, we found a whole bunch of stuff.

Takayuki Uesaka: Yeah, but where do we start? What's relevant and what isn't?

Aiko Hekima: Let's start with the first thing we found: Monokuma's control panel!

Isoshi Tatsuno: ....Huh?

Aiko Hekima: Mizuki can testify to the fact that the data center was hiding something veeeeeeery suspicious! It was like something in a sci-fi movie! Mizuki said it was Monokuma's control room!

Katsumi Midori: A..... control room? So you're not AI?

Monokuma: Unfortunately, an artificial intelligence I am not! The words you're hearing right now are coming from a human being!

Aiko Hekima: And there were screens everywhere! Aiko saw everyone on the security cameras!

Mizuki Kokatsu: And there was a.... TV set, too. I turned it on, but it was just the security feed. The cameras.... I think they're being broadcast all over the country. Everyone is watching us right now.

Takayuki Uesaka: ....What?

Keina Hagihara: No, that can't be right. What broadcasting station would agree to air this?

Isoshi Tatsuno: The stations..... could have been hijacked.

Keina Hagihara: Who could have that kind of power? Hijacking all the stations all over Japan? I seriously doubt it!

Make Your Argument!

Now Playing - Argument [Turn Up The Heat]

Truth Bullets:
Team Danganronpa
Ultimate Despair
Hope's Peak Headmaster
Remnants of Despair

Takayuki Uesaka: All the stations? Every single one?

Takayuki Uesaka: Hara's right. Who in the world could do that?

Isoshi Tatsuno: Well, I guess you're right, but.... how do you explain the TV in the data center? It was broadcasting us.