Chapter 9

As promised, Wooyoung came back everyday at the same hour to the stable to ask San questions about his life. San never answered. Always making sure to put an end to any starting conversation between the two men.

Wooyoung was confident that at some point San would be fed up and will definitely answer his questions. Indeed he was right, after a week of refusing Wooyoung, San finally gave up. It was a day where Yunho left his job early, casually dropping a bomb on San.

"Hey San, I'm going to leave right now. I have a date with Mingi." Yunho announced with his typical big smile, making San choke on his breath. He didn't think the announcement would come to him like that. He expected a private discussion to tell him they were dating.

In his dumbfounded state, San could only stutter a "See you tomorrow." which made Wooyoung laugh at the surprised face San was sporting.

"Who is Mingi?" Wooyoung asked after managing to stop laughing.

"A friend." San answered, going back to his work.

"From where?" Wooyoung took his chance and continued to ask questions.

"Oriseon."

"Are you from there too?"

"Yes."

"Is that why you robbed me?"

San finally stopped dusting and turned around to glare at Wooyoung but Wooyoung stayed unfazed. San was answering his questions so he was the real winner. "Yes I robbed you because I needed money." San has been feeling so tired for the past few days he really didn't have the energy to put up a fight so he decided to satisfy Wooyoung's curiosity.

"You don't do it anymore?"

"No."

"Since when?"

"Since I robbed you."

"Why did you stop?"

"I got fired if you can call it that way."

"Why? Was it because I saw your face?"

"No. They fired me because they didn't want to share the loot with too many people so they fired me and Mingi. Said we were the youngest so we could work in the fields."

"It's always the elders who think they deserve everything, right?"

"Right."

"So, why did you need the money?"

"To feed my family."

"Your family?"

"Yes, my sister and three kids we took from Oriseon."

"Mmmh. You'll introduce me to them one day?" Wooyoung tried to push his luck.

"No." The answer made Wooyoung pout. He expected it but he still had hope.

"And your parents?"

"They died in Oriseon." Wooyoung didn't have to ask more to know what happened to them. He had heard enough of what happened to the kingdom. Wooyoung tried to change the subject, not wanting to overstep.

"Is that why you accepted my dad's offer to come work here? Because you need money?"

"If you didn't notice Wooyoung, I am poor so yes I don't work because I want to but because I have to. I didn't want to accept King Jimin's offer. But my sister fell extremely ill and I didn't have the money to save her so I took the offer and asked King Jimin to save my sister." San said with a sad look in his eyes as he remembered the state his sister was in during this time.