Part 1; Chapter 7- Leap of Faith

~Third person POV~

Making their way into Miles's room, the boy took his mask off and breathed heavily, wiping his hands over his desk, papers and books flying everywhere. His sketchbook falls beside him, opening to his artwork with his Uncle. His Uncle...

(Y/n) look her mask off, breath hitching as her best friend destroyed his room. Though she couldn't bare to see him so angry and distressed, he had to let his anger out somehow. 

Miles closed the book and threw it passed (Y/n), out the window. (Y/n) jumped out of the way before she could be headshot by the book and looked back at the boy sadly. She gently grabbed his hand, rubbing her thumb other the back of it, her (e/c) eyes looking sadly into his brownish-green ones. "I am so sorry, Miles. You didn't deserve any of this." She whispered in a serious tone. 

A whoosh sounded beside them, Miles's art book flying into his chest. Peter and the rest of the Spidergang crawled through the window. Peter walked up to Miles and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, bud. You okay?"

Miles took a deep breath to not show his tears. 

"We've all been there. For me, it was my Uncle Ben." Peter said. 

"For me, it was my Uncle, Benjamin," Spider-Noir stated in his deep voice. 

"For me, it was my father." Peni looked down sadly.

"For me, it was my best friend," Gwen muttered. 

"For me, it was my friend and dad." (Y/n) looked at the boy. 

"Miles, the hardest thing about this job is you can't always save everybody," Spider-Ham said in Miles's desk chair. 

"Look, it was my fault. You wouldn't understand." Miles mumbled as he looked away.

"But it wasn't your fault. There is nothing you could've done to stop this from happening." (Y/n) whispered to the curly-haired boy. 

"Miles, we're probably the only ones who do understand--" Before Gwen could continue, the door started to unlock. Miles's roommate must be back. 

"Oh no..." Peter mumbled.

(Y/n) quickly grabbed Miles by the waist and jumped with the other Spiders into the ceiling, moving back and forth to stay out of the boy's sight. 

Sitting down in the desk chair with his headphones on, Miles's roommate opened his Spider-Man comic, unaware seven Spider-people were staring at him. Looking up from his comic, he made eye contact with all of them. "Hey there!" Miles greeted the boy.

"Do animals talk in this dimension? Cause I don't wanna freak him out..." 

The boy faints from shock, falling out of his seat as his headphones fall off. 

Helping Miles lift the boy, (Y/n) put his roommate into bed as everyone except for Peter leaves. "What's going on?" Miles asked. "Bye, guys," Gwen said as she swings away. 

Peter leaned again the desk with his arms crossed."Miles, I came to say goodbye," he confessed.

Sharing a look, the teenagers stood in front of the man. "We can say goodbye at the collider," Miles said.

"You're not getting it. You're staying here."

"I need to be there. So you can all go home." Miles argued. He walked around the messy room to grab his mask.

(Y/n) grabs the key away from Peter's reach. 

"They are going home, kids. I'm the only one staying."

The two looked at him in shock.

"You're taking our place...? If you stay here you'll die." 

"I'm doing what needs to be done. I just wanted you to hear it from me."