𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝙏𝙐𝙍𝙀(   𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙   )

(   𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙   )

"Nozomi..."

Nozomi, the same Nozomi that Ray saw walk away from him to her death, was right in front of her, smiling at him like it was a normal day back at Gracefield... and the word 'shocked' and 'slightly emotional' was an understatement.

'Ray...'

She signed with that same kind smile, obviously happy to see her childhood friend after so long.

Ray didn't respond, a dark shade looming over his eyes before approaching Nozomi and...

slapped her over the head.

'What was that—!?' Nozomi signed, letting out a wince of pain after he slapped her over the head but wasn't able to finish as she was brought into a bone-crushing hug.

Ray let out soft cries into her shoulder, his shoulders lifting repeatedly as her eyes widened slightly in surprise before she let out a small chuckle, patting him on the back for comfort.

The room was filled with nothing but his muffled, soft sobbing into her shoulder. He never thought he would be able to see Nozomi ever again. The same girl who liked the hands of the small clock ticking and moving and the same one who was lulled away into going to her death.

But she wasn't dead. She wasn't buried in the dirt or a casket or with a red flower pierced into her heart with those soulless, cold eyes the deceased held.

She was alive. And it felt like it changed everything.

❝ ✎ ━━━━ 💌 ━━━━ ❞

"WAHHHHHHHHHH! NOZOMI!!" Jemima cried out, bolting straight towards Nozomi and clinging onto her waist in a hug, making her chuckle as her other siblings processed the information with shock.

"You're alive? A-are you real?!" Nat questioned, tears streaming down his face at a rapid pace as her other younger children joined Jemima's hug, along with May who was probably hugging the hardest, practically crushing her hips, making her chuckle a bit with a strain but didn't complain.

"You're alive!! You're alive!!"
"Thank goodness!"
"I missed you!"

The children cried out loud, sobbing as the other children from Goldy Pond smiled at the interaction of the orphanage rekindling their friendship with their savior.

"I'm so happy for you, guys!" Nigel sniffled and wiped his tears with his arm, slightly overjoyed as Gillian looked towards May who stood off to the side along with Norman.