Chapter 57

Author POV

Adira got scolded for getting wet in the rain when she had a fever. Nanny was about to say more when Afsana gazed at her hand and indicated Nanny too.

Those red roses and chocolate boxes told them a lot. Nanny sighed. "I will call the doctor. Change your clothes and tank in bed." She left while Afsana helped her change.

She put the roses and chocolate aside. "Those are beautiful." She complimented the flowers. "Who gave you?" She asked while wiping her hair.
Adira almost spoke his name but recovered herself quickly. "Just a small gift."

"Small gift?" She smirked. Adira didn't want to hear more. Eshaan leaving in anger made her mood down.
Well it was her fault somehow.

"I want to sleep." She got inside the bed but held Afsana.

"Sit here for a while." Afsana sat down beside her head. Adira was staring at the ceiling. She asked out of the blue. "How does it feel to have so many cousins and siblings?" Afsana was confused at first.

"It feels nice. We always stick together, play together, and eat together. They come forward whenever I need them." She said remembering her time at home. "Don't you feel lonely?" Adira asked. Maira smiled. "At first, I felt a little uncomfortable. But slowly I feel like this house is my home. I have a husband to look after. Actually, it's not about loneliness, it is about company. In my family, I always had someone with me, but at night or when I am alone in the room, I was always alone. But now, I have someone to smile with me, praise me, fight with me and for me." She said so romantically that I almost lost in her words. "How did you fall for a donkey?" She laughed looking at me.
Then shrugged, "Now what can I do? My heart fell for him sadly."

"Who is the most serious cousin or siblings in your family?" I wanted to know more about Eshaan. "That would be Saif. That man only knows how to drown and always gets to the point." I nodded.

"I thought that title would go to Eshaan." I threw an arrow in the dark.

"Eshaan Bhai is more like the sweetest kind. He is serious but can be responsible. I have never seen anyone so hard working and soft hearted." She praised him highly. "He just has a problem with me." I rolled my eyes.

"Now this is what I have no idea. He might have his reason." I shrugged in bed.

"Last night when I was staying there, something happened. " I let her continue. But she shook her head. "What am I doing? You are sick, you should be resting. I engaged you in my stories." She covers me fully.

"Tell me please. I am feeling a little better. I want to hear." I turned on my side and looked at her. She sighed. "We were playing games and at one point we were playing Truth or Dare. Eshaan Bhai chose Dare, Maira and I were fighting over dares when Suzan told him something we never could imagine." She said my mouth dried up. "What did she ask?"

"She asked him what she didn't have, but the girl he liked has, for which he couldn't see her as his woman?" I was taken back. She really said that.

"What did Eshaan say?" I looked somewhere else. "We all were shocked to learn he has someone." I licked my lips and looked away. "But Bhai refused to say it and walked away." I let out my breath.

"So, Eshaan and Suzan aren't getting married?" I asked carefully. She shrugged. "I don't know. Suzan is pretty hurt about this. Bhai shouldn't pull this matter for so long. His one decision can ruin a family relationship." Her concern about her family made me feel like a villain. I felt awful.

"But I still want my Bhai to stay happy and if that girl makes his happy, I think everyone will understand." I was staring at her mesmerizingly.

A knock on my door.  "The doctor is here, Adira."

★★★★★★★

The doctor came to Adira with some high power injections as her fever kept coming frequently. She needed rest.

It was already midnight and Adira was sleeping for her heavy dose.

Afsana was getting ready for bed, Aman came home at night and he was worried for Adira. Now he was sleeping like a baby.

When Afsana saw Maira's message.

"Hey…how's there?" She felt a little weird. Still she text back. "What are you saying?"

"Adira just told me she has a fever and she is going to sleep. How is she now?" Now Afsana got what she wanted.

"The fever wasn't getting low, so Nanny called the doctor. He gave a high power injection and told her to rest completely. She is stressed so her body isn't recovering quickly." She texted back.

"High power dose? Is her fever that high?"

"At first it was 101° F then slowly it kept rising up to 103° F , so they had to give the dose. Now she is okay. He'd fever is getting down and I pray to Allah to give her strength to fight this." Afsana text it and yawned. She had a long day. Putting down her phone she falls asleep.

★★★★

Eshaan Ghafoor

I sighed in relief after hearing her fever is getting down. But it was so high.

I knew what I did wasn't right. I used Maira's account. But I wanted to know her status. Maira has fallen asleep early, I told her laptop and talked with Afsana.

"High power dose? I knew I shouldn't have left her at her house gate. Stupid me, my anger took control over me." I removed all the chat and silently put it back in pieces.

I decided to pray for her Health to Allah and after that I felt eased. Allah will look after her.

"Hey, Allah, I wish there will be a time when I will take care of her in this kind of situation." With this I complete my prayers.

Slowly close my eyes and let myself sleep.

"Good night, Adira."

________________________________________

Let's see….