|𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|

E T H E R E A L
chapter eight

SELENE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT MADE HER SO GUN FRIENDLY. Why the fuck did she continue to get shot and by close family members too? Did she have a 'shoot me' sign that she didn't know about? It slightly annoyed her that the mishap was made by her mother. She had thought that her mother would lower her gun and try to talk with her about the situation, but nope. It was a crazy world out there, that was for sure.

She had expected to wake up somewhere that wasn't a field of beautiful tulips, but alas, that's what she had seen once her green eyes opened.

The meadow resembled something she had only viewed in magazines or in faint pictures that were scattered in her past-life's room. The field was filled with tulips of all colors and a cobblestone path that didn't seem to lead anywhere. This is what she called paradise. It was where she had expected to appear after the first gun shot she received in her chest. It was heaven, but for once, it didn't feel like that at all, and the girl wondered why. She knew however, that deep down, she had already grown attached to the people she befriended back in Mystic Falls.

She was promised by Irabella that she had immortality, but then why was she here in a place where her new family was nowhere to be seen? And more specifically, why did she feel heartbroken about losing the people that she had begun to care about?

What a fucked up way to get her a piece of what she had always wanted — a family who cared about her.

Begrudgingly, she followed the cobblestone path for what appeared to be miles and miles. She had grown tired with the sun's rays beating down on her, and all she wanted to do was to sit down and cry. She felt like mourning the people she had left behind. It wasn't like her to grow attached to others — but something about Caroline, Enzo and The Salvatore brothers hooked her in. She had only begun to fuck things up in the universe and all she wanted was to see how much she could change with time. How was she going to do that if she was stuck in the cobblestone pathway?

She snapped out of her thoughts when the cobblestone disappeared, and a forest took its place around her.

She glanced around confused as to why the scenery changed, but froze when she spotted a familiar figure looking at her in surprise.

"Finn?"

The man's eyes grew in size at the mention of his name and the presence of a girl in front of him, "You know of me?"

Selene's laugh captivated the man that had searched high and low for his love, long before his half-brother had betrayed him, "Of course I know you sweetheart. You're Finn Mikaelson, one of the Originals."

The man took steps closer to his soulmate, although the latter did not give the impression of knowing about certain circumstances, "It's good that you know of me then, gorgeous."

Selene raised her eyebrows at the endearment, a little grin still dancing on her face, "Seems like the centuries of being stuck in a box has made you needy huh, Finny?"

Finn chuckled at the insinuation and grew closer to her until they were close enough to see the color of their eyes, "You could say that —."

Finn's words were suddenly lodged in his throat as he gazed at her from up close. She was more beautiful than he remembered. Green eyes gazed innocently at him, waiting for his next words. He continued to lower his gaze to the barely visible freckles that scattered across her face, and finally halted as he reached his destination; her irresistible pinkish, bow-shaped lips.