- 7 -

"You're so dramatic" Solani said taking a sip of her wine

"Am not" she pursed her lips.

"Are too"

"Am n- I'm not about to play with you" Solani interjected laughing.

"So instead of being honest to your mother, you lied about some guy you've been serious with—and he doesn't exist." She sat up.

"When you put it that way" I said pouting.

"Why don't you call her back and confess?" I quickly shook my head.

"Just for her and my aunts to set me up on a million blind dates, no thank you" I poured me another glass.

"Is it really that bad?" She asked.

"It's embarrassing" I said leaning back. "It's always someone that works in a plant or some hot shot doctor. They only talk about themselves and their success"

"Must have dry ass personality's" I nodded as we shared a laugh.

"I'm just tired of always coming home and they question what happened with my relationship. It's always the same shit and on top of that they never like any of the men I do decide to bring home" I took a sip before continuing.

"Boys" she corrected making me laugh. Half of the guys I did entertain acted like little boys instead of grown men.

"I just wanted her off my head about finding the one. I just don't think that it happens for everyone"

"Oh honey, that is not true. You can't let this discourage you from finding your person, he is out there." I shrugged pulling my blanket more towards my chest.

"Well my mom thinks the mystery man is the one" Solani started laughing making me grin.

"I think your mother just want grand babies since none of your other siblings provided them yet" I started laughing agreeing. That's all she has been raving about. When my two older sisters got married, she was expecting to see grandkids. Of course that hasn't happened.

"I just don't like how all of the women in my family put a time crunch on when I should settle down and have a family. It just isn't realistic.. definitely not in this generation" she high five me.

"Amen sister" we shared a laugh.

"Well I think you should still ask Saige, I'm sure he can play your perfect boyfriend for the event"

"But what if he turns me down, the last thing I want to do is make a fool of myself"

"Stop being a wuss and ask him" she said pinching my forearm. I mugged her.

"Speaking of being a wuss, have you told your boss off yet?" I asked. She took a sip.

"Oh did I show you the new piece I designed?" She asked changing the subject.