Part 18

At Night, In Khan Haveli

Haya have came back. Meerab moved towards her room. There, she saw Murtasim reading some files. She went to him and as she put her hand on his shoulder, Murtasim got up.

Murtasim (picking the car keys) : I'm going out for some work, don't wait for me! I'll not come back tonight!

Meerab : Murtasim...!

Before she could say anything, he went out.

Meerab (POV) : Why is he behaving weirdly with me!? Kuch hua h kyaa...!?

She moved out. When she was passing by Maa Begum's room, she heard her and Mariyam's convo and was left shocked.

Inside Maa Begum's Room

Mariyam : Maa why you had done this!? Aapko tou Murtasim bhai ki khushi sabse zyada aziz thi, uske liye tou aapne Meerab ko bhi accept kiya then why you are doing this with him now!? You know that he loves Meerab, arre unki tou aik beti bhi h phir aap kyuu unki khushiyan barbaad kar rahi h!? Let them stay happy! Kyuu aapne Murtasim bhai ko apni kasam di ki wo Haya se shaadi kare!?

Maa Begum : I was not left with any other choice! Haya has blackmailed me...!

Mariyam : Tou aap Murtasim bhai ko emotional blackmail karengi iska matlab!?

Outside Maa Begum's Room

Meerab went straight into Haya's room and opened the door in anger. Haya was applying nailpolish at that time. Meerab went and gave her a tight slap on the face.

Haya : Ye kyaa batmeezi h!?

Meerab : Chup!!! Bilkul chup!!!...tell me, what have you said to Maa Begum that she has forced Murtasim to marry you!? Bolo!!!

Haya started laughing aloud.

Haya (laughing) : Okay...so maine Maa Begum ko bas itna kaha that if she will not marry me off to Murtasim then I'm not going to leave anyone! This time I've only tried to slit my wrist, agli baar jaan jaati h tou jaaye magar if Murtasim will not b mine, tou apni jaan dungi aur uska ilzam tumpe aayega! Murder charges se to tumhe Murtasim bhi nahi bacha paayega...tum fasi tou Murtasim khush nahi reh paayega, wo dukhi matlab Maa Begum dukhi...ultimately sab kuch barbaad!

Meerab : How can you b so cheap Haya!? Self respect h ya nahi!? When you know Murtasim doesn't love you, he love me tou chor kyuu nahi deti use!?

Haya : Nah...I'll try to win him till my last breathe!

Meerab : Then I promise you too that he will not b yours ever!!!

Saying this, Meerab moved out with a determined attitude. She went in the lawn where Murtasim was talking to Bhaktu.

Murtasim (while smoking) : Bhaktu, why always I've to sacrifice everything for my family!? Pehle baba ki khushi k liye apne sapne chore and now I've to leave Meerab for my mother's wish!

Bhaktu : When you are not happy with this decision, tou Maa Begum ko mana kyuu nahi kar dete!?

Murtasim : She has given me her swear that if I will not agree with this marriage, then she will leave this house! (smiling) Maa aur begum k beech fasa hun mai iss waqt!

As he finished speaking this line, Meerab came and holds his collar. Bhaktu left the place.

Murtasim (throwing cigarette down) : Meerab...tum...yahan!?

Meerab : Ohh, so this is your urgent work right!? Kyuu Murtasim kyuu!? Why always us!? Please mat karo nikah Haya se, please!

She sat down crying. Murtasim felt the grip of her hands loosened and with this, he realised what's happening around him. He sat down.

Murtasim (clearing Meerab's tears) : I too don't want to do this, I too want to live with you but I'm helpless! Aik taraf tum ho aur aik taraf maa!

Meerab : Murtasim it's all Haya's plan to marry you!

And she narrates whole of her and Haya's convo to Murtasim.

Meerab (continuing) : Please don't marry her! Use mat jeetne do, mat haarne do humari mohabbat ko Murtasim, please!

Murtasim hugged her with teary eyes.

Song in BG plays...kisi dhokhe m na tu rehna...

Will Murtasim change his decision?