𝟓. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 ?

Yuvaani

Sunrays peeked through my window curtains and reached my eyes. I opened them slowly and read the time in the wall clock. Hmm, not late. After a few moments of disheartening, I have to leave my bed, unfortunately. I did my morning chores and got ready for the office.

Getting ready, I checked my phone. Aarush's message has been still floating in my notification bar. I decided to reply him.

I was at the dining table by now while replying him simultaneously. Mumma placed a paratha and tea cup in front of me. I grabbed the tea cup and took a sip.

My eyes went wide looking at the screen and I coughed hard. Maybe food went into the wrong pipe ! Not that the tea was too hot, but his text ! I meant- what did he just say ?

'I'm ready to marry you !?'

Wasn't he the one asking you say no to my parents-? My subconscious mind mocked. Exactly my point ! How can he just-

What ? I mean how-
I texted him back.

Yeah !

But you asked me to say no myself. And now-

I know. Can we talk about this in person ?

Now ?

Whenever you wish to.

Today at 2 pm ? My lunch break.
I'll text you address then.

Sure. See you then. Bye.

Bye.

I ate as fast as I could and rushed to the office. I don't want to think anything. Just work. I went to my head, and asked for today's details and events. Few things need to be done. I sat and made it done on my laptop and printed it out to present those. Taking a dose of coffee while doing that.

A few hours later, my phone pinged with a notification.

'Address ?' Aarush asked me.

I sent him the address of CCD which is right in front of my office. He had seen it and didn't reply back.

In another ten minutes my phone rang. Aarush calling. I glanced at my wrist watch which reads 1:55 pm. I texted him 'I'll be there"

A few minutes later my lunch break began and I rushed off the office. I never liked the fact that I'm late or people are waiting for me.

There ! I saw him in a navy blue shirt. He looked good-? No no ! Decent. He looked decent. The most appropriate word to describe him.

I went to him and sat against him, gaining his attention.

"Hey !" He greeted.

"Hey" I returned him back. Soon the attendant came and asked for our orders.

"Cold coffee for me" I completed my part of the story.

"Double it" He said and smiled at the waiter.

For a second my eyes clinged onto his russet brown eyes. It was the first time he seemed to be agreeing and accepting my choices. It's just coffee, Vaani. My brain mocked me.