Chapter 07

Eleanor kept the babies with them in the dormitory, Severus helped her to feed them, change them, and attend to any inconvenience, more than one robe and shirt ended up with drool on it.

Severus was kind to the children in private, in front of others he maintained a "professional" image. Eleanor unwillingly sighed a heartfelt "I love you" as Severus finished putting the month-old babies to sleep.

Severus kissed her softly, drawing her body to his and still kissing her. When they pulled apart she showed an expression of surprise and intrigue, for they had not yet openly revealed what they felt and, by past knowledge, Severus Snape had loved Lily all his life even in death.

Severus smiled smugly and lifted her in his arms to move her to the other spare room. He set her down on the bed and caught her in a searing kiss, making her moan involuntarily. She tried to stop him and talk.

- "Sounds, looks, smiles, kisses, and hugs. That's how you and I talk. When I met you, I could never imagine what I feel for you today, I could never think that I would love you as much as I love you today."

- "But... What about Lily? Maybe it's silly of me to ask, but compared to me, she's a princess."

- "I don't need a princess when I have you by my side," - Severus replied, holding her in his arms. Eleanor was moved, and a weight disappeared from inside her. - "I am yours, and you are mine, because only to you have I allowed you to truly know me, how good and how bad I can be."

- "Severus," - She whispered, silenced by the wizard.

- "I respect your secrets, we all have them. You and I," - He said, kissing her fingers, - "are a couple who should take advantage of the fact that our children are asleep. You don't know how much I've had to restrain myself from sharing a bed with you."

The wizard was very seductive kissing her neck, the vulnerable point of her, who stopped thinking about being a participant and followed her husband's plan, who took off her top garment and literally attacked her breasts with his mouth. By the time Severus removed the undergarment, the cry was heard.

- "My children are going to be the death of me. Go quickly, I have something to take care of urgently. I'll come to help as soon as I can."

Eleanor blushed at the erection Severus was trying to cover. Dressing quickly, she wondered what had triggered the previous situation, with the potions her recovery time was a lot less, but she never thought that Severus interest in her quick recovery from the pregnancy had a second intention.

If she compared the concept she had of Snape, the character she met in the saga, with the person she knew, sometimes it didn't fit. But he had to consider that Severus was 20 years old, and he rejected the path that linked him to Voldemort, that fact prevented him from learning some things, experiences he did not live, people he did not interact with, deaths he did not witness, guilt that did not originate, among other things that shaped the Potions teacher Severus Snape that Harry Potter met at Hogwarts, the one the reading public knew.

Severus was an admirably strong person, with a strong temperament, dealing from childhood with some of the main negative effects of bullying such as low self-esteem, emotional disorders, sadness, feelings of guilt, behavioral disturbances, problems in social and family relationships, neurotic manifestations and anger. To a lesser or greater degree, the problems of violence in a family and constant harassment leave lifelong consequences.

Eleanor could see Severus's effort to control himself, his passion for potions and the dark arts were somehow his lifeline, which helped him not to plunge into a spiral of no return. The hope and affection in the wizard's eyes as he looked at his children indicated his desire for a family, there was still some of that childhood innocence left, a part that might have been tainted if he had been a Death Eater, might even have disappeared.