2 - Jinxed

Today felt kind of the same as yesterday, although, not really. Walking to school today, Teruhashi- or I mean, Kokomi met up with me again. Giving me a bright gleam on her face as she talked more about the school with me. Which was nothing really special in all honesty. Heading into class wasn't the same as yesterday, as the talk about me being the new student, died much, much more down. Everyone seemed to mind their own business today, as some students came to greet me out of respect.

Plus, I kinda lost my 'new student privilege', with the teacher now assigning me schoolwork and home studies to do since now I knew what the academy was all about. Which sucked. A lot.

Another thing that came to my mind is that it's amusing how usually most of the boys in our class, as well as other classes, surround Kokomi. Although, for some reason whatsoever, during lunch, while Kokomi would sit and eat lunch with me there seems to be no boys in sight. No crowds, no one asking for them to marry her, no one. It would just be me and her, peacefully eating lunch together talking about whatever, and honestly I prefer that than having a crowd.

Now thinking about it, it'll make more sense why she would like to eat lunch with me more often, since she doesn't have to deal with a crowd like that.

"Hey Kye, we should stop by some new places for you, since you're new around here!"

I lowered my headphones and looked back at Kokomi, stopping my thoughts of how today went. She looked at me with a grin on her face, from the idea she just had. I was planning on going home to just call it a day to be honest. I guess that plan is going to be postponed for another day.

But.. it can't be that bad. I do want to know this area a bit more..

"You know what.. that doesn't sound like a bad idea," I spoke back, which gave her an even brighter smile.

"Justtt let me stop by right here to get changed y'know, since my house is right here,"I pointed at my house, then at my green school uniform and looked back at Kokomi indicating to show her what I mean, "I don't really wanna be walking around in uniform.."

"Oh, alright then," she nodded. "I'll just wait right out here then," she added on, as I walked towards the house gates.

"Just give me a few minutes, I won't take long!" I shouted back playfully with a smile.

Heading inside, I quickly walked upstairs and closed the bedroom door right behind me. Dropping off my school bag and headphones on my bed, I walked towards my closet. Looking through the closet, I quickly came up with an idea of a nice outfit that I'll go with for the day.

Rustling through my closet, I sought some baggy gray cargo jeans, with a nice plain white top. Quickly changing into the clothes, I searched through my school bag for my wallet, and left it in my pants pocket. I ran back downstairs in a hurry, and opened the door to see the blueberry still standing right outside, now looking at me.

"That outfit is so cute!!" She exclaimed, which slightly made me feel embarrassed.

I pushed the topic aside, "so where to?" As I closed the door behind me, locking it with my keys.

"I was thinking of a cafe, I know some good ones so just follow me!" She replied as I ran up to her from my house. She started walking, taking the lead whilst I stayed a tad bit back looking at the surroundings.

While walking, realization struck me as I accidentally forget my headphones on my bed while I got changed to dress up. I groaned in disappointment of myself. How could I forget something so important to me?? I continued walking, looking around the area to try and keep the though of my headphones off of my head, as thinking about me forgetting it as home made me feel more and more upset.