Sneak Peek

//So, I have been thinking for a while, and I know that some of you may or may not have seen my previous Bad Guys and Oc stories, so now I will be doing another one, but in one movie called Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. The Oc that I will be using is named Abigal. Her info is in this book. This is an au where Abigal goes on adventures with Puss in Boots after the first four Shrek movies and while Abigal witness Puss' deaths, leaving him down to one life left. What I'm about to show you is the sneak peek of the upcoming book//

The scene takes place in a bar with Puss holding a glass of cream and Abigal with a mocktail. Puss was still annoyed by the doctor's order to retire as he speaks, "Ha! I am Puss in Boots! I am no one's lap cat." Abigal chuckled and says, "That doctor was a crazy man. Should've stuck to cutting people's hair." "Last call, you two." The bartender told the two, Puss replying, "Another glass of cream for me. Make it your heaviest."

"Oh, I keep the heavy stuff in the back. And you, miss?" The bartender asks, turning to Abigal, who replies, "I'll finish with this one, thanks." The bartender nodded before he leaves to the back. There was a candle chandelier above them as one candle got it's flame blown out. Puss looks at his reflection and scoffed, saying, "Retire. You are too good looking to retire." He continues to drink cream while Abigal chuckled, before a sudden headache made her rub her head.

She has been getting these sudden headaches ever since she witnessed deaths of the past villains (Lord Farquaad, Fairy Godmother, and Prince Charming). Puss doesn't seem to take notice of her condition until the two hear an eerie whistle next to them. They turn to the side to see a tall figure who looks like a wolf with a dark black cloak and scary red eyes. The figure then spoke, "Well, well, if it isn't Puss in Boots himself. And his pequeño compañero de hadas (little fairy sidekick). *chuckles* In the flesh." Abigal grows uneasy and says, "Hey..." The figure leans to Puss and says, "There's the famous hat, and the feather, and of course... the boots. My compliments to your cobbler."

Puss moves a little away from the figure before saying, "Thanks, uh, good to meet you too..." Abigal has a bad feeling about the figure before the figure spoke to Abigal, "Hey, I never do this, but can I get your friend's autograph? I've been searching him for years." He takes out a wanted poster with Puss' photo of it, which made Abigal and Puss wary. The figure taps his claw on the "Dead" written and says, "Just sign right... here." Abigal turns to Puss, then back to the figure and chuckled before saying, "Sorry. My friend laughs at the face of death... bounty hunter." The figure takes off his hood to reveal his wolf-like features before saying, "So I've heard." Puss stands up from his chair and says, "You will find your reward does not come easily. This I tell you."

He hovers his hand over his sword and Abigal's hand glowed purple as the wolf grabs a bottle over the counter before saying, "Everyone say you'd be the one to defeat me. Even mi esposa says that. But no one's escaped me yet." Puss pretends to yawn and says, "Alright, let's get this over with." He points his sword to the wolf, "Fear me, if you da-" In a flash, the wolf knocks the sword away from Puss' hand. The sword impaled itself to the barrel as Puss glares at the wolf, who was drinking something. Puss gets up to get his sword before Abigal says to the wolf, "Okay, no more fooling around." She takes out a battle axe that she now carries and tries to strike at the wolf, but the wolf was too fast while avoiding her attacks.

She keeps attacking the wolf as he kept avoiding the axe while saying, "Slow. Sloppy. Sad." Puss retrieved his sword and helps Abigal and tries to attack the wolf, but he took out two sickles and blocks the attack. He knocks Puss and Abigal back, causing Abigal to lose her axe. Puss does a little acrobat while going forward to the wolf, but he grabbed Puss by the neck and whispers to his ear, "You're not living up to the legend... gato." He slams Puss on the counter and tries him to a table before be attacks. Puss tries to avoid his sickles as he tries to block his attacks, but the wolf managed to cut Puss' forehead with his sickle.

Puss tumbled back and dropped his sword as he fell to the ground with blood coming out of his cut. He put his paw on the cut and saw blood. His fur began to stick out as he began to pant heavily. The wolf smells the air and sighs before saying, "I just LOVE the smell of fear!" Puss began to have memories flash before his eyes: him as a kitten, his mother, Shrek, Donkey, and Abigal, and Kitty Softpaws. He snaps out of it when the wolf asks, "What's the matter? Lives flashing before your eyes?" He kicks Puss' sword towards him, saying, "Pick it up."

Puss has never felt this scared before as the wolf repeats, "Pick. It. Up." Without warning, Puss scurried to the bathroom and shuts the door. The wolf smirked and before he could get to him, a stone arm blocks his way. He looks up to see a monster made of stone as it knocks him back. Abigal glares at the wolf and says, "Don't you dare hurt my friend!" The wolf wiped some blood off his mouth and says, "Bien, muy bien."

"You seem to grown with your powers...Esperanza." Abigal was confused with that name, but in the flash, her stone monster crumbled into pieces in seconds as she barely dodged the wolf's attack. "But you're not completely grown yet." Abigal tried her best to block his attack before asking, "What are you talking about? Who is this Esperanza?" They meet eye-to-eye as the wolf then asks, "Who do you think left you to live with those fairies?" Abigal froze from that, but letting her guard down, he swings his sickle to attack. Abigal snaps out and tries to fly away from the attack...only for the sickle to swing from behind her, cutting off her wings.

She tumbled onto the chairs and tables, almost fainting from the tumble and blood loss from her wings cut off. The wolf looks at the bathroom door and kicks his lips before whistling. In the bathroom, Puss began to panic as he looks for a way to hide. The wolf cuts the lock from the other side and looks inside, finding that Puss escaped by using the toilet. "Corre, corre... gato." The wolf spoke in Spanish. He went back to check on Abigal, but he finds her gone and the door to the exit opened. He smirked and follows her.

Abigal was running towards a forest and ignoring the pain from her back before tumbling to an open field. She fell to the ground as she pants heavily. "P-please... anybody? I-I need to get out of here..." Suddenly, her back began to glow purple with some yellow glow on it as her hands also glowed purple and yellow. She saw that the glow was spreading onto the ground as a bright light glows beneath her. It soon stopped before she felt something on her back. She saw a new pair of wings on her back and became overjoyed to learn that she can now heal herself, but her shock, the glow she did drained the life out of the small patch of the open field she's on. Not knowing what to do, she quickly flew away from the area.