Chapter 4

I think I'm going to be using '~ Time Skip ~' when it's a big skip, and '...' when it's a smaller one, can't really specify in the Anti-void though. :P

You were abruptly awoken when you heard a loud clatter, then some mumbled cursing. 'Opening' your eyes, you turned to face the direction of the sounds. It looked like Error had dropped his knitting bones? and was throwing a fit because he'd undone some of the stitches on the new doll he was making. It looked like a variation of Underfell Sans, but a lot more intricate than the original.

"Stupid doll!" he growled, before squeezing it and throwing it on the floor. You watched in slight fear as he summoned a bone and sent it hurtling at the poor doll. The force was enough that it tore the stuffing out... yikes, someone needs a stress ball. You'd have sweat if you could, that sight was frightening, since it was like looking at another person being torn up.

You hesitated to say something. It's not that you were overly terrified he'd kill you in his obvious frustration, but you didn't feel like directing that anger at yourself. Instead, you watched silently as he fumed, crossing his arms and scowling at the remains. You could tell the project was harder than his normal ones, but you didn't understand why he'd lashed out like that.

You stiffened as he unexpectedly turned towards you. "What are you looking at abomination," he sneered. In the silence that followed, you suddenly noticed that Undernovela wasn't playing in the background like it normally was. Had something happened? Is that why he was more irritable than he usually was?

"...is something wrong?" you said, sitting up slowly. His scowl became more noticeable as his face twisted further. "Wouldn't you like to know?" Your stare became concerned, and finding your lack of response telling enough, he hesitated. After a moment more, he cautiously continued.

"...the inkblot's been creating more, so the voices are demanding I destroy... more," he finished. You could tell he didn't want to tell you exactly how many more copies he'd have to destroy, but you appreciated that he'd trusted you enough to tell you anything. Figuring you should show him that, you spoke, "...I see, thank you for telling me, I know you didn't have to."

He scoffed, turning his head in the other direction. "If I didn't tell you, you'd probably bug me about it anyways." Though he said that with disdain, you noticed the smallest of blue glows on his cheeks. The sight made the corners of your mouth turn up slightly.

You wanted to help, but you weren't sure how. You were worried about the implications of the information he'd shared, since you knew that it could mean that Ink had planned something after all. After debating internally, you made up your mind to ask if you could come with him the next time he left to destroy, as you didn't see any other way you could help, or at least quell your worries.

"Hey, Error?" you said. He turned his head back, expression mildly curious. "What, abomination?" Well, here goes nothing. You took an imaginary deep breath, before releasing it. Your expression as serious as you could make it, you looked him in the eyes.

"Let me come with you the next time you have to leave," you said. The growing confusion on his face slowly made way for strong suspicion. His gaze sharpened, and he leaned over towards you.

"Why?" he said simply. The air seemed suffocating with the tension you felt radiating off of him, even without your ability to actually breathe, and you felt your breath catch. You felt saying the wrong thing could mean all of the trust you'd built up would crumble, your life with it.

"...I just want to assistant you, nothing more." You almost said help, before you recalled that the last time you'd offered to help, he'd refused. As much as it annoyed you, you knew he wouldn't accept anything he felt made him seem weak, help included.