Chapter 14 - 2

...

'Holy... shit...'

'She's fuckin' mad.'

'Actually, how am I going to fight that with only my pure strength?'

'If I came here alone, I'm going to have to do lots of dodging like a Touhou character...'

...

"Now, without further ado..."

The girl raised her hand and made a slit gesture on her neck.

"Die."

The blades launched themselves at the group with frightening speed. The members at the front covered their faces with their arms and braced for impact. 

Multiple explosions erupted from the swords when they hit. A fog of dust and debris engulfed the surrounding area, blocking the vision from the outside.

When the obstruction dissipated, it revealed that a barrier from a mage in the group blocked the attack. It surrounded the entire party, protecting them all.

"Tsk," the girl grumbled.

...

"Thanks for that," Joyce said to the mage who created the barrier.

"No problem, you can count on me!" The mage reassured the group.

"Alright, here's the plan. The tankers will protect the ranged--"

------------------------------------------------------

...

'Woah, nice save barrier guy,' Yuri thought. 'Everyone in front of me would probably be dead if you weren't here.'

"Yuri, you there?" Joyce called out to him.

"Yeah I'm here, what do you need?" 

"What are your abilities?"

He tried to think of a response. "Uhh, It doesn't look like it, but I'm pretty strong."

"So, Super-Strength?"

"y-Yeah!" 'Woah, I look super suspicious right now...'

... "Huh?"

Suddenly, the barrier that's protecting them from the girl's attacks started to flicker.

"G-Guys, I'm not going to be able to handle the barrier for long..." The mage said with a pained voice.

"Alright Yuri, try to protect her until she recovers her mana, alright?" Joyce commanded.

"Sure, I'll protect her--"

'Wait, it's a woman?'

Yuri hastily looked at the face of the mage to confirm it.

...

"H-Hello?" The mage greeted him.

Yuri's face became confused. 'She does not look like a woman.'

"Prepare to rush out! Attackers on me!" Joyce cried out.

"Ready..."

"NOW!"

The mage deactivated the barrier and fell down onto her knees. The rest of the group now rushed out to attack while Yuri stayed behind.

...

------------------------------------------------------

Gunshots, explosions, and clashes of swords echoed throughout the chamber as Yuri sat on the stone floor, watching the fight happen. He slid his hand into his right pocket and grabbed a piece of candy. Opening the packet, he threw the thing inside his mouth and began to chew on it.