18.

Note: This chapter contains mature content. Read it at your own risk 🤣

• Solan palace •

"Is something bothering you ?" Y/n asked me. How does she read my mind every time? "Tell me." I walked closer to her. 

"I met Duke Wilson and he wants me to marry her daughter." She frowned. "You can't marry anyone when I'm alive." She said with a dark expression. Sometimes she makes me shiver in fear. "Of course, I can't marry her. I love you. Is Duke Wilson blind ? Can't he see that I'm already married?"

"See this proposal from a political view. You'll soon get a higher title. And you can protect Duke Wilson's daughter and his castle. If you marry her then you'll be the most powerful person among other nobles. Duke Wilson has a strong financial status."

"Still, I can't even think about marrying her. He should consider her daughter's feelings."

"You know, strong men attract most of the women."

"Let's forget about them. Let's focus on us." I pulled her towards me. "You were looking so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off you the whole night." 

"Oh, really ? But I saw you staring at princess Rozelle half of the night." 

"I liked her dress. I was thinking about the same dress for you." She pushed me away. "Too bad, I don't like to wear the same dress as someone else especially when she is the woman my husband was ogling at." 

"You're making me sound like a pervert." I crossed my arms over my chest. "How many women have you dated before ?"

"Why are you suddenly asking ?"

"Just answer me. I want to know about your dating history." Should I tell her a lie ? Would my marriage fall apart tonight ? Why did I meet Duke Wilson ?!

"Two….." I answered her in a low voice. "Oh, that's why you're so good with words."

"No ....It comes straight from my heart whenever I see you. The first girl I dated was the village head's daughter. I thought we're made for each other but it turns out she is dating many men. So we broke up."

"And who was the second girl ?"

"When I was going to get training to become a knight, many girls started to confess their love to me. There was a cute little girl who I found interesting. So we started to date but it didn't last long. I left the village the next week and never heard from her. When I went back to the village to tell my uncle that I've become a knight, I saw her with her kid. I realized that it's late for me."

"What did you guys do while dating ?"

"We…..we held hands, watched fireworks and went to night markets." 

" You've experience with girls."

"Can't say I don't. But now I can use it to please the girl I love." I flashed a smile to her. "Do you miss those girls?"

"No. How can I think about other girls when my wife is with me."

"You know how to play with words." I stepped forward. "Trust me, I've never loved anyone like you and I'd never be able to love anyone again. No one can take your place in my heart." I kissed her forehead. 

"Are you sure you don't want to marry her ? She's the daughter of a Duke."

"You're the daughter of the Emperor."

"You've got a point." We both chuckled. 

The next day ~