Chapter 21

Sitting comfortably on the sofa, I was watching one of my favorite dramas when the doorbell rang.

I stood up, wondering who it was, as I made my way to the door. Opening it, I saw Jay smiling at me with a picnic basket in his hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows and he spoke, "I prepared some snacks for us. Care to join me for a picnic?"

"Um, let me think about it first. I'm not really in the mood to go outside." I replied jokingly, checking to see Jay's reaction. And I was right, he pouted, letting down his shoulders.

"I was kidding, you know I can't say no to food." I laughed and he glared at me, scowling for making fun of him.

"Come inside for a minute. I'll just change my clothes then we can go." I said. He didn't do what I told him to as he was busy sulking by the door.

"Okay. You can stay there if you want to." I chuckled and went inside my room to get dressed.

The place that Jay chose where we're going for a picnic was Hangang Park which is located beside Han River.

The car was parked as we all got down, heading to the back to get our stuff. I offered to carry the basket but Jay insisted in carrying it on his own as it was too heavy for me.

Mr. Yoon brought out more stuff so I didn't have anything else to carry. I felt bad so I told him that I'll take the cushions from him instead.

Jay already found a good spot for us to stay. It was under a tree that had a perfectly good shade that'll keep us from the sun which is also near the river where you can see a great view of it.

There weren't a lot of people which is a relief since I didn't want to see nor encounter any more fans after what happened last time.

Jay got the picnic blanket out, spreading it evenly on the ground. I placed the cushions down and arranged them neatly.

Mr. Yoon who was behind me earlier followed, placing a guitar case by the tree. I laughed when I saw it. "Why would you bring a guitar for a picnic?"

"I just wanted to play something nice while I'm at a peaceful place. I rarely get any free time to use it." Jay replied as he was busy checking if everything was complete.

"Mm, fair enough." I shrugged, sitting down. When everything's set, Mr. Yoon told us that he was leaving as I thanked him for helping out.

Jay began taking out the snacks from the basket which are sandwiches, mini kimbap, tteokbokki, rice balls, ramyeon, salad, and a jug with juice in it.

"Wow. That's a lot of food." I complemented, my eyes glancing on the food in front of me.

"Anything for you." Jay replied, winking at me. My breath hitched at his sudden move and I could've sworn that it made my heart skip a bit.

I shook my head and ignored what he said, going back to helping him set up the food while Jay also took out some cups and chopsticks that we are going to use.

We began eating shortly after everything was taken out of the basket. "So, why did you suddenly thought of going on a picnic?" I asked Jay who was busy eating.

He swallowed his food first before saying, "I don't know. With the contract coming to an end, I just realized that we need to spend more time together since we won't be able to do that anymore."

I smiled at him, grasping the reality of what he said. "If that's the case, then you should now that I appreciate it so much. And don't worry I feel the same." I said as Jay smiles back at me.

After eating, we laid down on the picnic blanket together with the cushions that I brought earlier.

I inhaled the air and smiled with my eyes closed, exhaling it after. "Ah, this feels nice." I turned to Jay as we were now facing each other. "Thank you for bringing me here."