Chapter Thirty: Comfort

A/N: Hello hello, hope you're doing great!
New Characters will be introduced in this chapter 🔓
I didn't like this chapter that much but still I hope tou enjoy it.
I'll post the next chap soon.
____________________________________

"since when did you start having feelings for me?" you asked without looking at him.
"the moment you wiped my tears and told me that everything is gonna be okay..." he paused

He slowly approached you grabbed your hand and turned you, making you face him.

Your eyes softened hearing his words.

"You've always been there whenever I ran away from my family, from my father, you were the one to comfort me...even after separating, our memories were comforting me" he added.

"Soob-"

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anyt-"

"No!! Let it out, you can tell me" you said.

He looked down, took a deep breath and spoke
"Have you ever wondered why I've never wanted you to come over when we were kids and teenagers?.. It's because of my family, fights fights fights , problems, every mafia family is messed up..."

"why didn't you tell me back then that your father was in mafia?"

" I was scared that you would be scared of me, I thought you would hate me...I hid it because I care for you" he explained looking deeply into your eyes.

You remembered that Chris said the same words to you when you knew he was in mafia.

Both of them cared. both of them were scared to lose you.

You felt sorry, you're no one to judge others, you don't have the right to hate them for what life made them do.
They were forced into this underworld.

"My father hated me, I was scared that he might hate you too and end up hurting you...so I kept you as a secret...a secret that comforts me.... I know you're married now... But seeing you again awakened something in me.."

"i'm glad you found comfort in me, just know that it will never change because you just had a fight with Chris or because you unexpectedly confessed to me"

"only if life gave us one chance... one chance to be together as ..lovers..
I wanted you .. I wanted to make to you mine desperately..." he said hesitantly.

"Soobin, I..I'm really sorry.. I really don't want to hurt you in any way.. But I'm married and I really love my husband.. seeing you again did awaken the warm memories...but "

"I know... I told Chris that it's up to you to choose and of course you would choose your husband..my mind just tried to forget the fact that you're married. "

"you know that I'm always here for you right? "

"so? ..best friends?" he asked.

"Are you kidding me? of course Soobin!" you smiled.

he suddenly hugged you tightly, his strong arms wrapped around you making you disappear in his warm embrace.
you hugged him back tightly.

You liked him too back then , but it's too late to be a thing.

Yes a boy and a girl can be best friends too.

You appreciated his understanding.
and that despite all of that, nothing changed in your friendship.

You broke the hug and said
"we probably should head back and finish the meeting, we still need to get some things done and agree in the timeline and whereabouts"