A break from fighting part 2

(Atsushi's POV)
Friday 5.55am

I wrap my arms around Akutagawa. I feel him tense up before relaxing and awkwardly putting his arms around my body.

Slowly, I let go and he checks the time on his phone.

" Shit, it's nearly six, we need to rush out." He exclaims before shoving his phone into his trouser's side pocket and starts to rush out of my door. Quickly, I follow behind him and make sure I lock the door.

After arriving at the cafe

Akutagawa and I are panting hard by the time we enter the cafe and make our way to the older males.

" You guys are late!" Dazai san exclaims. " What naughty things have you two been do-" Chuuya san slaps him across the head before he could finish his sentence.

" Sorry, we took a bit longer than we wanted to!" I explain as I sat myself next to Akutagwa opposite the older males.

" Order whatever you want! Breakfast is on me!" Dazai san exclaims as he hands us a menu each.

After they order

I slowly eat my chazuke, whilst Chuuya san eats his french toast, Akutagwa sips on jasmine tea and matcha cookies and Dazai chews on an egg salad.

After they finish eating, and Dazai san pays

" Where to next?" Chuuya san asks as we exit the cafe.

" We go on dates!" Dazai san replies instantly taking Chuuya san's left hand and planting a kiss above his knuckles. Chuuya san snatches his hand back and slaps Dazai san across the head.

" I think he means for us to investigate the organisation." Akutagwa says looking at Dazai san in an almost disgusted glare.

" It's better if we do this alone. You two enjoy your time and Atsushi, keep yourself safe. The poison's effect may last or attack you again." Chuuya san explains. However, he quietly adds. " Or it may kill you after all..."

We stay in a moment of silence before Dazai san's whining interrupts us with our thoughts, reminding us what we were meant to be doing.

" Mhm, well then good luck, Dazai san and Chuuya san!" I wave as Akutagawa and I watch the two arguing older males walk off. I turn my head to look at the slightly taller male, standing beside me. Dang, he looks majestic. I whip my head forward and recollect my thoughts before asking. " Where should we go?"

He turns his gaze to me, with his grey eyes portraying no emotions. " I guess the park?"

" Okay!" I start walking towards the park and he follows me. It's an awkward and quiet walk, that feels like hours, which is only ten minutes. When we arrive, we take a seat on a bench mostly hidden by the trees and overgrown grass.

" Haah, this is really a nice day to be alive, isn't it?" I think out loud.

" ... Yeah, I guess it is." Akutagwa replies after a moment, he still has an annoyed look, but his eyes seemed to sparkle as if reflecting the sun. The soft wind blows his black hair that faded white at the ends around his face, showing a jawline that looks sharp enough to cut through paper. I stare at him, completely stunned. Is it even possible to be this pretty?

" What are you staring at?" He says with a harsh tone, although I can tell he's not trying to be mean. " Is there something wrong with my face?"

" Yes." I answer. " You are too beautiful." I mutter under my breath.

" Huh? What was that?" Luckily, he didn't hear anything. " Speak up dammit." He goes back to staring into nothingness when I do not repeat what I said. I would have been so embarrassed if he heard me say that! Why did I even say it out loud?!

" Are we gonna just sit here? Doing nothing?" I ask once I break my trance and look down at the grass, which reached up to my knees. I look up infront of me, only to see happy children running and playing with their parents following them around. I feel a small pain in my chest.

" It hurts, doesn't it?" The man next to me whispers. I look at him, waiting for him to continue.