001, fanum

"DIFFERENT"
fanum

BRIE JACKSONATLANTA, GEORGIA

BRIE JACKSON
ATLANTA, GEORGIA

BRIE COULDN'T help but to be worried about Fanum. It was now going on 3AM making that 6 hours since he had left the AMP house.

Earlier he left claiming he just needed to "get out of the house". Which seemed reasonable to Brie, she understood needing alone time and needing time to decompress. But it had been 6 hours and he hadn't responded to any of her calls or texts.

She had been trying to contact him since 12 o'clock. Usually he was quick to return her calls if he missed them, so the unusual behavior was stressing her out.

She was currently laying in his bed trying to send him another text. It was the same as all her previous ones except this one didn't show it had been delivered to his phone. She knew this either meant she was blocked or his phone had been turned off. She automatically assumed it was the latter.

She didn't want to assume anything negative but with the way their relationship had been going lately, only bad thoughts were coming to her mind. Brie and Fanum had been together since high school. She had been with him since he lived in his small apartment in the Bronx.

They had fallen in love so fast in high school and we're each other's first everything. She didn't know a life without him. She couldn't picture a life without him.

But it seemed like as of lately they hadn't been as close as they once were. She never expected their love to fade like it had. She would have bet her life on their love a few months ago.

She didn't want to assume or accuse him of cheating but what was the other explanation. She had been talking to a few of her friends and they all said the same thing, when their man had started to act funny he was cheating.

Brie was already feeling the heartbreak just from this uncertainty.

The iPhone default ringtone sounded through the quiet room startling Brie. She hurriedly picked up her phone praying it was her boyfriend Fanum.

Silently thanking god when she saw his name, she quickly pressed the green answer button before it went away.

"Are you okay?" She immediately asked him before he could even get word out.

"I'm good." Brie could feel her entire body relax upon beefing his voice. "I just been chilling."

"You just been chilling? If you just been chilling , why didn't you answer the phone? Or reply to the million and one messages I sent to you?"

"Here yo ass go. Always on some bullshit." She could just picture Fanum rolling his eyes at her. She couldn't understand why he was acting this way towards her. Since the beginning of their relationship she had never been the type to blow his phone up or constantly interrogate him on where he was going or who he was with.

"Fanum you've been gone for 6 hours! With no texts and no calls. I can't worry about you?"

"I just needed a break." Brie was beyond confused now, usually when Fanum needed a break she was his go too. He would always go to her for comfort and support. She knew this time it was different.

"A break from what Fanum? From me?" Just speaking the words made tears immediately come to Brie's eyes. She knew the answer so she didn't know why she even asked. Her heart had dropped all the way to her toes at this point.

"What do you want me to say Brie? I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls or text?" Fanum didn't know what to say to her. He didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"I want you to tell me what's going on? I just want the truth, Fanum. Me and you both know that something's wrong, that something's changed." Fanum just stayed completely silent, his silence didn't do anything but send Brie into a downward spiral. "Are you cheating on me?" She sobbed out.

"No Brie." Fanum knew he needed to tell her how he had been feeling; he just didn't know how to say it. "I just feel like we need a break. I mean we've been stuck with each other since we were 15. We haven't been able to grow without each other. I think we should have that experience, you know?"

The tears from Brie's eyes were uncontrollable at this point. Her entire face was soaking wet, plus her phone screen. She had to put the call on speaker and sit her phone down on the bed next to her. Her head was laying in her hands as the tears spilled out of her eyes.

"Stuck together? We weren't stuck with each other Fanum, I thought we both chose each other." She could barely get her words out. If Fanum felt like they were stuck together she wouldn't force him or try to persuade him to stay with her. She wanted to fight so bad for their relationship. Fanum was her person; she couldn't see herself without him. She didn't want to be without him.

But she didn't want Fanum to hate her for forcing him to be with her. She wanted him to be happy. She loved him so unconditionally, she would respect what he wanted. Her love for him overpowered her love for herself. She would allow herself to be lonely so he could be happy without her.

"Just say the word Fanum and I won't be here when you get back." She said, trying to hide her cracking voice. "But when I leave I won't be back. Ever."

There was a long pause and Brie had hope. She had hope that Fanum actually wanted her to stay. She had hope that he still loved her.

"I think you should get a hotel or something." Brie could feel all the hope that she had built up be crushed immediately by his words. She could physically feel her heart be crushed by the weight of his words.

They both knew what this meant for them.

Without replying she just pressed the red button at the bottom of her screen. Her heart was gone. Fanum had taken it and completely broken it.

She immediately began packing her clothes and any other belongings. She didn't want to see him, she had to be gone before he made it home.

Bries Uber was already outside by the time she got all her bags downstairs to the front door. She didn't know where she was going or what she was even going to do. She just let herself sink into the hollow feeling that was building inside of her.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

- 𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐳