《01》◇Basil - Call for company

Basil || Call for company

~~~ °•° ~ °•° ~~~

The home was dark with paintings of night, shadows dancing across the walls of a small room in line with the moving images across the tv near the back wall.
It was a cramped space, a little messy but held proof of lived-in wamrth across the board. A homey feel despite the cold bearings of late August weather.
The wind was a caress of bushes and shifting leaves, a ghostly touch of seasons yet to come.

It was quiet par for the crunch of boots and heavy breaths of panted panic, a desperate attempt to free one's self from the wracking fear of a cold, bleak end. The snapping of twigs and slipping of shoe soles on slick mud followed by the grunting of fresh meat.
The hues grew dull, strained in darkness and eyes go wide.

A woman screams — startling a young frame on the couch enough for buttered and slightly cold popcorn to be choked on, a cry-filled cough sent into hands that trembled.
The road to confidence is often one with many fears blocking the way. . . you had to remind yourself a few times over — peeking through fingers to gaze up to the slasher that played regardless of a want to shift the screen to something more pleasant.
Red painted the television as the blade went up and plunged downward, another scream leaving the woman staring in said knock off slasher film.

Dressed in nightwear consisting of loose pajama pants, a black tank top, and a sheer shawl, it was intended to turn in for the night after a marathon of horror films.
Most had been on the more mild side, watched through parted fingers most times all in the grand scheme of stepping out of comfort zones.

Soon horror would be easy...but how people liked horror to begin with was beyond any reasoning you had...

Your frame was sat huddled, all loosely tucked and snuggled under the blanket that partly fell off the couch.

Another flinch of startled nerves set on high alert by the ringing of a phone, and you turn your gaze toward the lit up device ringing with a freaky sense of timing — a chuckle offered as it was picked up.

But who would call at such a time?
Not that you had much room to talk. I mean here you were, still up at nearly four in the morning.
The film is paused, the room falling to a more quiet state broken by a kind, "Hello?"

A soft breath was on the other line, an exhale of eased tension.

"Hello, my darling."
Their accent is low, sultry, and you couldn't quite place it nor the slight tease they spoke with.
"How is my sweet little dove this dull evening?"

The plastic bowl of popcorn is moved to the side — confusion spread on gentle features.
"I'm...sorry, I'm afraid you have the wrong number."

You were partly expecting a soft or even a chest rumbling laugh — an embarrassed apology from the other line.

That's not what happened.

There was a faint click — a noise barely registered over the skip of a heartbeat.
"(Y/n)..." The voice spoke in a low purr. "We both know that's not true, is it~" there was a pause, a held moment of paranoia dropping into a black sea of hair that wanted to stand on end. "Now, how about you talk to your future darling?"

Silence felt limitless, unsure as pale eyes watched the wall, expecting something. Anything.
Your heartbeat was slow, calmed — however a wave crashed over with sudden unease.
"What...?"

"It's rather simple, my love." He chuckled carefully. "Think of it as a choice. You either talk to me or I come to you." He sighs, as if he were finding joy before his tone changed to one of a more serious nature. "I know where you live, sweetpea- so best not to hide, hmm~"