chapter one

i am to meet my soon-to-be husband today. i worry for what sort of man he is. i've heard rumors of his ferocity and temper. however, i would be shocked if he is worse than my late, lord husband. luckily, i now have ser gerold reyne as my sworn protector, so i will be in a less precarious position then before. 

   my late husband was a vile man. my cousin and husband, joffrey lannister was a shame to my house, and a shame to me. he was abusive, and sadistic. i will not think of our wedding night but this, i was left with bruises on my neck and arms, bite marks all over my body, and a claw mark on my face. when i had my son, theo, i knew i had to do everything i could to protect my son from his father.

   i walked in on joffrey beating my theo, so i had to send theo away to kings' landing to my father, to protect him, for a few months until joffrey died. 

   i arrive at the red keep with theo and ser gerold. we are announced and i exit my carriage.

"hello, my lady, it is a pleasure to meet you."

i look before me to see a tall, silver-haired man with one eye who can be none other than my betrothed. i size him up. his face is pleasant, but stoic. 

"hello, my prince, it's a pleasure to meet you as well."

he extends his hand to me and i take it.

"how was your trip, lady tyanna?" he has not let go of my hand. he leads me to the castle.

"quite alright, my prince. i was not aware you were going to greet me immediately after i arrived." i reply.

"i simply couldn't wait to meet the woman who is soon to be my lady wife. who is that hulking hound of a man you arrived with?" he responds and inquires.

"that is ser gerold reyne, my sworn protector."

"well, my lady, i see no reason why you need a sworn protector, now that i am to be your husband. i will protect you."

i give him a pointed look. 

"ser gerold stays." for who will protect me from my soon-to-be husband?

he seems taken aback, not expecting me to stand up to him.

"very well, my lady. as you wish it so shall it be. let me take you to your quarters."

now it was my turn to be taken aback. i hadn't expect him to oblige my demands. he is different than i thought.

we sit in the sitting room. i had expected him to leave once we arrived but he didn't. he said he wanted to speak to me.

"tell me, my lady, how do you feel about our impending nuptials? be honest." he asks

"well, my prince, if i am to be honest. i would be shocked if you could be any worse than my late husband."

"yes, i heard of him. i heard he broke you in... rough." 

a sharp look glosses over his features. he seems angry about this. 

"you heard correct, my prince." i am unable to help the unhappy look that comes over my countenance. 

"please, call me aemond."

"well then, you must call me tyanna."

"very well then, my tyanna."

this pleasantly surprises me. i can't help but grin.

"your tyanna?" i ask incredulously.

"yes, you are MY tyanna, and i am your aemond" 

he emphasizes the word my strongly. i guess he's the possesive sort of man.

"mmm my aemond" 

he smiles for what i realize is the first time since we've met.

a.n:

aemond 🤝 tyanna
saying mmm