Chapter 11

The smile never left my face as I danced in the crowd, the song switched to Kiss It Better causing the crowd to slow down

The smile never left my face as I danced in the crowd, the song switched to Kiss It Better causing the crowd to slow down. My arms were going up and down my body while my waist moved to the beat of the song, I could feel people's bodies on mine as the place was really packed. Feeling a bit thirsty I moved from the dancefloor into the kitchen and from there I saw Leo, he was walking from the corner we were standing at when we first arrived but then I felt someone looking at me. Turning my head I saw Emma and Brandon looking at me, his hands wrapped around her waist,  after giving them an eyeroll I went to find a drink.

When I finally found a sprite, I looked back up from the refrigerator and was met with the sight of Emma kissing Leo, Now I was no idiot, I knew what she was trying to do; she was basically sending a message that she could take any 'man' I had. Her plan would've worked if Leo hadn't pushed her off and looked at her in so much disgust, I watched as he scrubbed his lips causing me to laugh. Grabbing one more bottle of sprite I made my way over to them, when Emma walked off that was when Leo's eyes snapped to mine and I could see his eyes widen in panic. Before I could blink  Leo was already in front of me dragging me outside to where it was quiet.

"She came onto me, like I was walking and then I felt someone lips on mine but I pushed her off," he started as soon as we stopped walking, "she assaulted me."

"Leo calm down," I gave him a can of sprite, "I saw what she did, its pathetic actually."

"Yeah, I'm just glad your not upset,"

"Leo, even if you kissed her, we aren't together," and even though it was the truth, it still hurt to say it.

"Alyiah, you can't be that oblivious," 

"What?"

"I like you," and suddenly the drink that I was sipping flew out of my mouth.

"What?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I've liked you since sophomore year; I've watched from afar with Brandon and saw how badly he treated you, and trust me, I had to restrain myself from beating the shit out of him. You don't deserve that," his hands cupped my cheeks, and I could feel myself literally melting, "and even though this might sound bad, I'm glad he did what he did. It finally gave me an opportunity to show you how you deserve to be treated. Will you let me show you?"

"Leo I-I would be lying if I said I didn't have some sort of feelings for you," I started, "but I just got out of a relationship and I don't want to just hop into another one, I need time to get Brandon off my mind first. If we get together I don't want to be thinking of my past relationship while I'm with you. You understand don't you?"

"Of course, I'll wait for you," he removed his hand from my face and slid them around my waist pulling me closer to him, "and it's when not if."

"Huh?" 

"You said 'If we get together' but it's 'When we get together'," he gave me a cheeky smile.

"Well you're quite confident" I wrapped my arms around his neck.