Chapter 16. Brilliant idea

Kass was sitting at the sofa in the library. Lucius laid down next to her putting his head on her laps. He looked in awe at her gorgeous young face. Kass was petting his silky platinum hair running her fingers throuhg them. Lucius was smiling. He closed his eyes in pleasure. 

  "Kass, your hands are magical" he said. 

  Kassandra smiled looking into his grey eyes. Now there wasn't any arrogance in them. Only love and peace. His face seemed the most gorgeous to her. She was ready to sit like that forever like there was nothing else in the world but they two.  Lucius was looking at her, feeling really happy and loved.  He couldn't think about feeling something like this. When he was married, he loved Narcissa in his own way. She was young, beautiful and full of energy. But it was kind of connection, not love. Years flew and they moved away from each other more and more. Lucius knew it was his fault. This damn will to follow Dark Lord, obsession with pureness of blood. This ruined not only his life but also lives of his wife and son. Maybe meeting Kassandra was an omen? What if it's a chance to redempt the fault and make this young girl happy? This time Lucius decided: he won't fuck up anymore. He won't let Kass suffer. When he saw her today near the fountain, Lucius understood that he can't loose her. He won't hurt her. If she wants that. 

  "Hey, what't wrong?" Kass asked softly when she noticed his sad gaze. 

  "Nothing. What's wrong?" he asked smiling. 

  Kass looked into his grey eyes attentively squinting a bit.

  "Don't lie to me. I see something bothers you. Or don't you trust me?" she said arching her eyebrow sceptically.  

  Lucius took her hand and squeezed a little. Their fingers interlaced. 

  "I trust you, Kassi. I think how to make amends. I don't want you being offended" he said. 

  "Stop it. I'm not offended anymore" she said smiling. "You know, excuse from you is more than enough. I understand that is a serious step from you."

  Lucius kissed her knuckles and smiled warmly.

  "I won't deny. I could never apologize and I never did. But I want to make you something pleasant. You know, I have an idea: I invite you tonight for dinner. You can choose any restaurant you want" he said.

  "What about Hogsmeade? I haven't been to "Three Broomsticks" for ages" Kass suggested. 

  Lucius wrinkled a bit.

   "That's you. Any other girl would choose the most luxury restaurant somewhere at  Champs Elysees. And you choose "Three Broomsticks". Not the best place" Lusius said sceptically. 

  "If you don't want, we won't go" Kass replied and looked away.    

  Lucius stood up from her laps nd sat next to her turning her face to him.

  "Don't say you offended again" he said.

  "No, I'm not. I just don't like when you act like a snobe" Kass replied honestly. "But if you don't want to go to "Three Broomsticks" I won't make you do that." 

   Lucius sighned holding himself from rolling his eyes. 

  "If you want, we will go to "Three Broomsticks" he said.

  "And you won't be grumpy" Kass replied.

  "No, I won't. I promise" Lucius said.

  "Well, I believe you" she smirked. "And now I'll go and make potions for you for the evening." 

  When Kass mentioned potions Lucius wrinkled his face.

  "Maybe we skip potions? I've had this shit for the next six months" he said.